2.02 Everyone Loves A Clown

The three of us go into a large red and white tent looking for the guy in charge and see a man throwing knives at a target; they all land near but not quite on bulls-eye.
"Excuse me, we're looking for Mr. Cooper, have you seen him around?" Dean asks the man.
The man turns around, angry. He pulls off the sunglasses he was wearing and we see that he's actually blind. "That some kind of bad joke?" He says. Dean is flustered and apologizes immediately. Sam stifles a laugh, enjoying his brother's discomfort. I also stifle a laugh too which is my first ever genuine laugh since Allison died.
"Some help here guys?" Dean says. Sam and I shake our heads. Then another short carnival employee in a red cape comes in and asks if there is a problem.
"Yeah. This guy hates blind people." The blind man said.
"No I don't! It's nothing, it's just a little misunderstanding..." Dean shrugs.
"Little?! You son of a bitch!" The short carnival employee roars. Sam and I are full on laughing at this point, enjoying Dean's predicament.
"No, no, no! I'm just, could somebody tell us where Mr. Cooper is? Please?" Still annoyed, the blind man reluctantly leads us into an office-like space in the tent. When we get into the office there are three chairs for us to sit in. Dean and I look at the available chairs; two of them are normal, the other is pink, with a giant clown face on it. We both beat Sam to the normal chairs. Sam scowls, fidgeting before sitting gingerly in the clown chair.
"You three picked a hell of a time to join up. We've got all kinds of local trouble." The older man named Mr Cooper who was sitting in front of us said.
"What do you mean?" I ask, playing dumb.
"Oh, a couple of folks got themselves murdered. Cops always seem to start here first. So, have you three ever worked the circuit before?"
"Yes sir, last year through Texas and Arkansas." Sam lied with a smile.
"Doing what? Ride jockeys? Butcher?"
"A little bit of everything, I guess." Sam shrugged, his tone sounding unsure.
"You three have never worked a show in your lives before, have you?" Mr. Cooper questioned.
"Nope." Dean remarked. "But we really need the work. Oh, and uh, Sam here's got a thing for the bearded lady." I elbow Dean in the stomach, telling him to knock it off and keep things professional. Thankfully he does. Then Mr. Cooper points to an old black and white photograph mounted on the wall which is a spitting image of Cooper. 
"See that picture? That's my daddy." Mr. Cooper said.
"You look just like him." Sam comments. Mr. Cooper gives us the rundown of how things are going at the carnival. He tells us that his father used to run this place. That apparently displaying the deformed isn't dignified. So most of the performers here went from honest work to rotting in asylums and hospitals. He told us that this carnival has always been a refuge for outcasts who don't fit in anywhere else which made me feel weirdly comforted. Back in Beacon Hills I always felt like an outsider even with my friends and my family. Mr. Cooper says that we should go to school, find someone, have kids, and live regular. Dean looks like he's about to say something but Sam leans forward, eyes serious. "Sir? We don't want to go to school. And we don't want regular. We want this." Dean side eyes him. Later, when Mr. Cooper gives us jobs as carnival janitors, I watch as Dean confronts Sam.
"That whole, 'I don't wanna go back to school' thing. Were you just saying that to Cooper? I thought once the demon was dead, the fat lady sang, "you'd take back off to wussy state." Dean's trying to be casual about it but I could tell he wouldn't dare let himself hope that Sam won't leave.
"We don't know if the demon is really dead, Dean..." I say. Dean gives me a look that tells me that my comment wasn't helpful. Sam says he's having second thoughts and John would've wanted him to stick to the job. Dean can't seem to leave that alone.
"Since when do you care? You spent half your life doing what he didn't want!" Dean shouts angrily.
"Since he died, okay? You have a problem with that?" Sam shouts back.
"No, I don't have a problem at all!" Dean yells. Sure, neither of them sound like they have any problem with their whole conversation. Right. The three of us decided to split up in order to cover more ground. We're all wearing red Cooper Carnival jumpsuits. I began picking up trash near a game booth while surreptitiously scanning with the EMF reader. So far I'm getting nothing. Then I hear a mysterious male voice calling my name. The voice is deep, eerie, and somewhat familiar. It calls out to me again but this time it says something different: "You really think a little inexperienced hunter like you is gonna shoot a demon like me?" I grip my bowie knife that was in my pocket tightly, knowing exactly who it is. In the distance, I see him. His unnatural bright yellow eyes staring right back at me. I began sprinting so fast that the corner of my eyes became a complete blur. I knew that my knife would do nothing to the demon but I didn't care. All I cared about is maiming or killing (hopefully) that bastard in order to protect Dean and Sam.  But once I got to where I saw him, the demon was gone.