-Chapter 38-

Aiden POV

It's like reliving trauma over and over just because I have too. Like I can't escape it wherever I go. I am reliving it. I turned for a minute to see Kara slump in Annan's arms, just like Aru was in mine.

Again. And again. And again. And again. It's always her who blacks out. And its always me who's there to witness it. Like karma says that I have to endure this.

Suddenly, guilt hits me. If I feel like this then what must Aru be feeling? 

Annan gets into the first cab we get. I'm waiting for another. And it's taking too long.

Suddenly a black car pulls up and a guy opens the door to the back seat.

"Aiden Acharya?" The boy asks.

"Yes?" I say, confused.

Then the front passenger seat opens and a guy who looks very similar to the guy who asked my name rolls down the window.

"You don't know your name?" He asks.

"Aahan." The backseat guy hisses. "We don't have time."

"Right sorry," Aahan says. "Get in."

"Excus-"

"We are Annan's brothers and Aru needs to get to a hospital now." Backseat guy says.

Good enough for me.

We get Aru in and I close the door after me as a driver takes us to the hospital Kara's in.

"She's mostly okay. Her pulse is steady and it seems she doesn't have much difficulty in anything. Oh right, and I'm Anish, that is my brother, Aahan." Anish points at Aahan.

"How do you know all that? Aren't you like 14?" I ask.

"Excuse you. We turn 16 in a month so estimatedly we are 16." Aahan snorts.

"Estimatedly is not a word." Anish corrects. "And I read. That's enough." He shrugs.

Uh, I'm so confused.

"So you both are twins?" I clarify

"No, we have a 70 year age gap" Aahan quips, sarcastically.

"Right." I roll my eyes. 

The rest of the ride goes by me making calls to Brynne, Mini and Krithika as we take Aru to Emergency.

We met up with Annan who had Kara in another room and we all waited together.

Anish pulled out a book from absolutely nowhere. 'Wicked King'. Aahan put his leather jacket on his face and had his head against the chair he was slumped in. Annan was typing on his phone furiously.

I finally examined the twins. Aahan was wearing a white shirt with 'Don't talk to me' in black on the shirt. I wouldn't have been able to see that if he didn't take off his leather jacket as we waited. Anish had headphones on his neck which he now pulled over his ears as he read his book. He wore a plain beige shirt and jeans and a simple, full-hands, checkered, unbuttoned shirt over his T-shirt.

As I finished my observations, Brynne, Nikki, Sheels, Mini, Rudy and Krithika stormed in.

How the hell did they come together?

Brynne whispered to me, "I was with the twins at Shah's house and Krithika just came home after receiving you call and Rudy picked as all up in between a date with Mini."

Annan explained the whole situation, Kara, The Sleeper, the threats and all. Apparently I can't talk anymore. Every time I open my mouth, all that leaves is a strangled sound.

"Okay. Brynne, Rudy and I will talk with the front-desk for a few more clarifications. Aiden, Annan and Auntie can check if we can meet with Kara and Aru now. Nikki and Sheels stay with......uh, Anish and Aahan.

Nikki laughs, "Ya we are gonna do that while our friend might be dying. We aren't kids. Sheels can go with you and I'll go with Aiden."

"I agree. We're always left out, it's not fair. We know we're young and you can chose to not tell us some stuff but we deserve to know few things, especially if it risks Aru's life." Sheela adds, quietly.

"Ya, we aren't staying with random dudes just because they have a decent taste in fashion. They could do way better though." Nikki says, pointedly.

"Excuse me?" Aahan says.

"You are excused." Nikita retorts. Aahan just stares at her before barking out a laugh.

Sheela rolls her eyes. "Whatever. It'll stay here if you promise to tell us the whole story. All of us. All four of us." She says pointing to both sets of twins. "Unless they don't wanna hear it and-"

"No, we do. We really do." Anish says who pulled his headphones down at some point and made his book vanish again.

"I'm not sure-" Brynne starts saying.

"There we go again! Should I create a PPT?" Nikki says while adding under her breath, "I can mention your fashion choices too."

Aahan clearly heard out cause he made a strangled sound which sounded suspiciously close to someone stifling their laughter.

Mini rubbed her temples as Rudy whispered comforting stuff into her ear.

The doctor ran in to the waiting area then to where we are and and said, "Both of them are awake."

Dun dun dun!

Short chappy. Also, ik the urge to strangle me is prettttttyyyy high rn but I have a good reason.

*me screaming at ppl to give me a good reason*

Okay it's personal so I can't disclose the reason. Totallyyyy personal.

But hey! You got more of Anish and Aahan! Sooo yayyy! And they'll be around wayyy more.

Anywhoooo. Uh, opinions?

Thanx for reading!! Bye!!

~Aurora