Part 9: Unhealthy habits

Jaime's POV: 

By the time I made it to the park the sun was almost completely set, the dark orange sky complimented by pink streaks within the clouds. 

This was going to be my life for a whole 12 months. Stuck with a boy obsessed stereotypical mean girl sleeping with me every night. Sleeping 10 feet away from me I mean. 

I sit down on the bench me, Valarie and Alex were sitting at earlier. Reaching into my pocket pulling out my pack of cigarettes and an almost empty lighter. 

"Didn't peg you a smoker" A familiar voice pricks my ears, It was Aria's boy toy standing in front of me. I didn't even notice him. 

"You following me?" Honestly didn't know what I expected from Aria's choice in men but he wasn't what I was thinking. He had light brown skin, a shaggy hair cut and a well kept goatee of sorts. He was out of his uniform, wearing baggy jeans and black shirt with a small skull in the right corner. 

"No, no I was just on my way back to campus and saw you sitting here" He says with a nervous grin. He takes a seat next to me without invitation.

We sit in an awkward silence before he speaks up. "So how was your first day on campus" Small talk was alright when it was between someone I actually wanted to talk to, I know he hasn't done anything wrong but I'm still pissed at aria and he's basically the closest thing to her. 

"You know I'm not really in the mood to talk on account of your girlfriend" I mutter.

"She's not my girlfriend" I can hear the hurt behind his voice as he says this. "I mean I'd like her to be but she doesn't seem very interested in anything other than someone to talk to" I can't help but feel bad as much as I'd rather be talking about anything other than her. 

"Dude you deserve better anyway she's really not the nicest person" He looks up at me and smiles "She is I know she can have her moments but you should try getting to know her."

"She hasn't given me much of a chance" Even if she does ever give me a chance to get to know her I don't think I want to. From what I've already learnt, she loves hurting people especially people that know her. 

"I know, I know." he sighs pulling out his own lighter and hand rolled cigarette. "She's mad at her dad and you're the result of her dad's actions so she's mad at you." 

How am I the result of her Dad's actions?

Aria's POV;

MY GOD I cannot take another minute of this, if my dads aim for independence was independently making me go insane then he hit the mark. 

Thank god she left, I don't care where as long as I'm getting even a second of peace and quiet away from her than I'm good. 

I flop down onto my bed and put my face into my pillow, I want to scream. Why is she so unbearably annoying it hasn't even been 48 hours and I already want to rip my hair out thinking about her. 

I don't want to be an asshole, I actually love being kind to people believe it or not but this girl has been sent to torture me. Whether or not it was my fathers doing or the devil himself I have been placed in an unbelievably ridiculous predicament.  

Not only is she hanging out with Val, she is sleeping and breathing the same air as me. 

Dante. Shit. Grabbing my phone from under my pillow I pull up his messages. None, fuck he's definitely mad at me. By now he would of sent me a flirty message telling me how great I am, but as I stare at our prior messages I realize how much I must of hurt him.

'hey why haven't you messaged me I know you're mad at me.' And send. It wasn't long before I got a response. 

'I'm not mad at you, I'm just chilling with Jaime at the park' There's no way I read that right.

'I'm sorry what?' This man is going to be the death of me, why is he 'chilling' with her, and why at the park? 

'she's actually a really good chat, I've got to go ttyl' 

Authors Note: 

Thank you guys for showing love for 'Why Her' I'm going to be posting the next chapter in a week or so, so keep an eye out for that. 

Let me know if there's anything you think I should go about differently or just any advice. anything would be greatly appreciated.

PS. I'm trying to spread the interactions between Jaime and Aria out, Just because I'm aiming for a slow burn between the two characters. 

Thank you again for reading 'Why Her' <3