Chapter Four: Stepping up!

News spread quickly about Francesca's actions. Early in the morning, a worker at Decker's Drive found the recording Francesca had left on the computer. Alarmed, he immediately reported it to Richard, who was known for his short temper and impulsive decisions.

Richard, upon seeing the recording, felt a surge of rage. He often felt overshadowed by his brother Chris, but this was personal. He stormed into Ricky’s office, his face flushed with anger.

"Look at this, Dad," Richard growled, shoving his phone towards Ricky. The recording played, Francesca’s voice echoing through the room.

Ricky watched in disbelief. "This is Francesca Quinn. You should’ve accepted our offer, old man. Now, the Johnston family will be known as the family destroyed by us."

Ricky's face hardened. He had not expected such a childish reaction from Francesca. "Unbelievable," he muttered. "This is an embarrassment."

Richard was already on his phone, contacting the Quinns. The call was brief and intense, ending with Richard sending the recording over. Within minutes, Margaret Quinn received the video. She watched it in shock, her disappointment growing with each passing second.

Meanwhile, Ricky turned to Richard. "This is a test for you, Richard. One tiny business isn't going to cripple our empire. Handle this with care. We need to maintain our reputation."

Richard nodded, his expression still furious. "I’ll deal with it."

The Johnston family’s morning was filled with embarrassment and outrage. How could two young kids cause such a scandal? It was a significant blow to their name.

At the same time, across town, Francesca and Jaydon woke up with pounding headaches, the remnants of last night’s drinking. They groaned as the reality of their actions sank in.

"Last night was a disaster," Francesca said, her voice hoarse.

Jaydon nodded, rubbing his temples. "We really messed up. What were we thinking?"

Their phones buzzed simultaneously, and they exchanged worried glances. It was a video call from Margaret Quinn.

Francesca answered, and Margaret's stern face appeared on the screen. "What have you done?" she demanded, her voice cold.

Francesca took a deep breath. "We… I left a recording at Decker's Drive. I thought it would intimidate them."

Margaret’s eyes blazed with anger. "Intimidate them? You’ve embarrassed the entire family! Ricky Johnston is furious. Do you have any idea of the repercussions?"

Jaydon tried to speak. "Gran, we—"

Margaret cut him off. "Enough. This is disgraceful. I want this matter dealt with discreetly. Finish what you’re doing and come home immediately. Do you understand?"

Francesca nodded, feeling a mix of shame and determination. "Yes, Gran. I have a way to silence the Johnston family. They’ll never say a word."

Margaret’s eyes narrowed. "I hate this idea, but if it resolves the issue, do it. And do it quietly. You’ve done enough damage already."

The call ended, leaving Francesca and Jaydon in a heavy silence. They knew they had to act quickly to salvage the situation.

Back at the Johnston mansion, Richard was already planning his next move. He knew he had to retaliate, but he also needed to keep the family's reputation intact. He started by contacting a private investigator to find out more about Francesca and Jaydon’s whereabouts and their plans.

Ricky, meanwhile, contemplated the situation. He was angry and disappointed but also curious about how his sons would handle this challenge. He trusted Richard to act decisively but hoped for a resolution that wouldn’t escalate the feud further.