WHAT NOW?

Vegas enters the room quietly, it's two in the late night, for some reasons he was not able to sleep today. Although he has never been someone fond of sleeping, for someone who has a whole pack of people to deal with and everyday new person emerging from the shadows to kill him, a peaceful sleep is a luxury.

Vegas never enters this room, only if Pete is sleeping, whenever he is awake the visible hatred in his eyes shatters something in him, which he knows very well that he is the only reason for.

He like watching Pete sleep, he has been doing this for months now, it brings a sense of calmness to him which nothing in the world could offer him. 

Vegas sits at the edge of the bed, cigarette smoldering in his hands between his fingers, just a cigarette not burning. He is worried that the smoke might disturb Pete's sleep and above all harm is child.

Child. 

When did Vegas even cared for anyone and above all is he capable of caring for anyone. Will he make another monster and pass the legacy of coldness and darkness to his heir. A child who will be pure just like Macao and then will be damaged by him. Vegas spoils and breaks everything he touched. Although he never broke Macao. He always cared for him and preserved the innocence his brother had. 

But for his child, for the first time Vegas felt uncertainty and fear in his life for someone.

He looks again at the sleeping figure, covered with the blanket, Vegas wants to touch the person, caress his hair but he knows he never will do that because according to his father little demonstrations of love or care only makes a person weak.

Pete is asleep in the deep slumber, his soft snores filling the quiet room. A look of both tenderness and possessiveness crosses Vegas' face.

He's mine.

Will he leave, where will he go?

Vegas knows Pete left his school job when Vegas persuaded him to be with him.

Will he find new mate, a person to live with.

No, he won't allow it.

He will never allow Pete to go, Pete should know that.

But Vegas wants to tell this to Pete calmly, how difficult it is to show that he doesn't wants Pete to go, would Pete would like to raise a child with him.

But Vegas is an exact copy of his father and what if he hurt's Pete to the extent that Pete, just like his mother decides to.....

No, he never wants to hurt Pete in such a way. What should he do? There's a slight pain in his heart and head.

Pete, it's only Pete who makes him feel this way.

A soft knock at the door interrupts his thoughts. He stands up, his movements sharp and precise.

Vegas: Who is it?

A muffled voice responds from the other side.

Nop, it's urgent boss.

Vegas opens the door, revealing his trusted bodyguard, Nop, looking grim.

"What is it"

''Sorry to disturb you this late, but you asked as soon as I have the information, so here's all the reports and doctor's prescription on Khun Pete's health."

"Ok, keep it in my office, I am coming".

Nop nods, his expression serious and leaves.

Vegas once again looks at sleeping person and shuts the door silently. He has readings and work to do, it's just that this time the research is all about pregnant omega's and how to take care of them.

Vegas slaps himself again, with words loud and clear in his mind.

"Caring only makes you weak."

Author Note-

Hi everyone! Even I am shocked how I managed to write this chapter but anyway please read it and let me know your thoughts on this. Feedbacks and comments are always welcome. If I am managed two more updates I will remove the status on On a pause from the story. Take care bye bye!  I will try to write next chapter a bit longer.