Chapter 14

The trolls go to a bar, Mia and Trollex have sort of a date, and Branch has a run in with Creek.

Later that evening Branch and Mia made their way to the bar.

''So, is this the bar where you usually hung out?'' Asked Mia.

''Sometimes, this is more Hickory's type of place, I was at home doing nothing.'' He said.

''So, co-workers are allowed to hangout after work?'' She asked looking hard at Branch.

''Yeah, they do.'' He said wearing his green vest and blue pants as Mia was wearing a crop top and tight black pants.

They walked in and saw Hickory sitting at the bar and went over.

''Hickory!'' Shouted Branch.

''There he is, and he brought the tag along.'' Hickory nodded smiling.

''It's Mia.'' Mia said smiling and looking around. ''Where is Trollex?''

''Oh, he went to the bathroom he'll be out.'' Hickory said.

''So, what are you drinking Branch?'' Asked Hickory.

''My usual.'' He said with a wink.

''You Mia?'' Asked Hickory.

''You're asking me?'' She was surprised.

''Yeah, it's wrong not to buy a lady a drink.'' Hickory said.

''A cocktail.'' She said.

Hickory paid for it. ''Round of pool?'' He asked.

''Heck ya!'' Branch said happily.

''Bring over the drinks I'll go save the table.'' Hickory grins as he places his hat on Branch's head walking away.

''Hickory has that bad boy look to him.'' Mia noted.

''Yeah, he's a ladies' man but he's been with Delta for 5 years now.'' Branch said sitting at the bar.

Mia sat next to him. ''Funny he doesn't seem like the married type.'' Mia poked.

''No, he doesn't but then again that the thing about Hickory, he can surprise you, me and Poppy owe him and Delta a lot. If not for them me and Poppy would still be in a love affair.'' Branch said looking at Mia.

He pulled out his phone. 'Mia, is here.' He texted Trollex.

Suddenly Trollex came out and went over. ''Hey Mia.''

''Trollex, I thought you were about you to stand me up?'' She said grinning.

''Nope. I was trying to look presentable for you.'' He said.

''Aww.'' Mia giggles.

''I'll leave you two.'' Branch grinned as he grabbed the drinks and went over to Hickory.

**************************

Trollex and Mia sat at a table drinking.

''Are you hungry at all?'' Asked Trollex.

''Yeah, I could eat.'' She smiles at him.

He ordered them fries and looks at her with a smile.

''So, you decided to be Branch's and Poppy's new partner. I told you those classes would come in handy.'' Trollex smiled.

''Yeah, I wanted a change a job. Home Health Aid wasn't cutting it so I figured why not try banking.'' Mia said sipping her drink.

''And is there any reason you choose the one that Branch works at?'' He asked.