Falling for.....chapter nine

As I fell asleep next to Karla in my bed my mind wouldn't switch off.

Why had Cameron charming Cameron changed his mind? Jealousy? Lust? Loneliness?

We needed to talk but not tonight it had already been a drama filled night. But I really felt for Derrick he didn't need to find out like that.

Did he even really need to know right now? He was obviously worried and fretting over Karla. Would he step up and make it serious with them now he saw her so fragile like she needed to be looked after and cherished.

Things between them couldn't stay the same Karla needed to be cherished or she'd keep running around.

Next my thoughts went to Parker as they seemed to do more than not lately. I smiled and remembered his embrace.

I woke up from a dream of Parker's eyes and smile. Karla was moaning and she'd thrown up on the bed I rolled her onto her side and made sure her mouth was clean and called out to Derrick and banged on the wall.

"What? What's happened? Is she ok?" "She's thrown up everywhere" "shit tell me what to do" "stay with her and keep her on her side I'm going to sort out a shower for her and get clean sheets"

I turned on the taps and played with the temperature of the water. "Can I do anything?" I jumped at Cameron's somber voice "Cameron" I went to him at the door I wrapped my arms around him.

I didn't want him to feel like I rejected him I wanted him more than anything. But I'd finally resigned to the fact that wouldn't happen. Was talking about us as a couple a past thought?

"I am sorry for the way I acted last night. It wasn't right or fair for anyone" "sssshhhh" I pulled back and looked up at him "we can talk another time" he nodded and kissed my cheek.

I walked back into my room with the clean sheets and put them onto the window seat. On the bed was Derrick spooning Karla whispering to her.

Things were defiantly going to change with them. "Derrick can you pick her up and bring her to the bathroom?" He nodded whispered more then picked her up bridal style.

Derrick walked into the bathroom and sat her on the floor and I kept her stable he stripped down to his boxers and then helped me get her down to her under wear and bra.

With so much care and attention he picked her back up and got into the double shower "Can you put some shampoo and soap in reach Kristie?" As I placed them on the floor within reach I asked "do you want me to stay just in case?" He shook his head "ok call out if you need help or if she needs anything?" "Maybe some clean clothes in about twenty minutes" I nodded and went back to my room.

I changed the sheets, my clothes and headed to the laundry and put the wash on. Then headed back to the bathroom with Karla's clean clothes. Knocking and waiting until Derrick called out "did you want a hand getting her dressed?" He shook his head.

I placed some towels on the floor and left. I lay back in bed it was six in the morning. Saturday what more could happen this weekend.

Eleven o'clock hit and I couldn't toss and turn anymore. I got up and made a strong coffee and hung out watching tv. I was tempted to check in on Karla but knew Derrick would have taken her to his bedroom.

I trusted Derrick to look after her and I'm sure it would mean so much to her when she woke up. Cameron sat on the couch next to me but remained quiet.

"Did you want to get lunch?" I looked back toward Derricks room "your brother wouldn't let anything bad happen to her and when she wakes up they'll probably want time alone" that made sense. "Ok give me fifteen minutes yer?" "Sounds good"

Fifteen minutes later we met at the front door he opened the door for me and we walked towards his spotless Audi. We didn't need to talk we were already connected. He pulled up in front of Marco's it was an upscale cafe. It was his favorite place to be apart from surfing and work.

They sat us in the back so we could overlook the terrace. Cameron looked up at me and I nodded so he ordered for both of us. "I really cannot say sorry enough for last night Kristie" "where did it all come from Cameron you were fine with us being single. You chose that"

His hands balled into fists and he looked away I slid my hand over his and he relaxed instantly.

"You're not around the house anymore and when you are I know he's hanging around" "Parker" he nodded and looked into my eyes "I miss being near you. That was enough until I kissed you. Then I just wanted to be around you more."

"So is it because you want to be with me or you don't want anyone else to be with me" he was thoughtful and I was grateful he was being sincere and truthful with his answers.

"A lot of the first a little of the last. I asked you to stay away from him for your safety and my sanity" "he was is a distraction from life Cameron. It hurt me, when something finally happened between you and I and it was more than anything I had hoped then you choose to remain single"

Those eyes looked somber once again drained of any happy emotion. That seemed harsh even to my ears but we needed to get through this.

"You want to be with him" "I don't know what I want" "so you're not choosing him" I shook my head "thank fucking christ" the old Cameron returned with a charming smile and leaned back in his chair.

"What are you going to tell Derrick?" "What do you want me to tell him?" "Whatever you feel is right. Just don't get killed or kicked out" "ha I could take him" "sure you could honey"

He flexed his arm muscles and held the up for me to touch I played appropriately and oh and ahhhed at him. "You going to spend more time at home now we've spoken about it?" I nodded and started eating.

We had fun chatting about everything. Our chemistry was still intangible but things were so much more open. Parker ran though my thoughts as we sat quietly back in Cameron's car.

What was I thinking when he came into my head was it fun or something more serious?

I needed to talk to Karla. When she was feeling better and once she'd had her fill of my brother.

So not anytime today or soon for that matter.