Falling for.....chapter fifteen

I played with the Disney story in my head. Us getting together in high school going to the formal together. Moving into the condo. Would we have shared a room? Then us going to university together collecting our graduation papers and relaxing with other couples at campus.

Would we be engaged by now if he had asked me on a date? Then as almost as if I was dreaming I woke up to a reality nightmare remembering all those thoughts were in my head. We weren't together that fairy tale wasn't my life.

He'd chosen more than once now. We weren't THAT couple. Cameron was extremely dedicated to his work and I was what? A distraction? or a treat once he'd got all the hard work out of the way. Relationships take constant work and effort they don't work like that.

I looked down at the table and replied neutrally "Yer I guess we would. But we're different people now. You have work I get that" his fun thoughtful mood disappeared at my words and I felt stupid and utterly retarded for saying that.

We were having such great time and I had to bring up that he'd chosen something else and our fairy tale wasn't now or any time soon going to happen.

"I still feel like an asshole for the other night. Kristie you know I want you"

I nodded and tried to reassure him that it was ok "we get each other Cameron"

He paid the bill and then we left. The car ride home was terrible. "I don't mean to sound like such a cold hearted bitch bringing it up. Cameron I'm sorry" he shrugged at that and I teared up.

He reached over and took my hand as he drove "you know that if I could make you happy I would" I nodded.

We reached home and we each headed in to the direction of our bedrooms without another word or touch.

Had I just royally screwed that up?

I stayed awake until three I felt completely numb. This was a stupid fucked up part of life. If you loved someone shouldn't you be with them no matter what? I could push Cameron and demand a a relationship but that wouldn't be fair on him and if things got screwed up I could never forgive my self for putting him through that.

I got up out of bed and walked across the room then when pacing felt good I continued doing that. I heard the window but didn't stop, the repetition felt relaxing "so you are in you're own room" I turned to Parker and he was smirking "you look a little crazy doing that. Sexy still but crazy" it made me smile.

Back handed compliment anyone?

"What's happening? Finally grow a pair and decided to tell me about your hands?" He chuckled quietly "I'm sure you've figured it all out by now. How was dinner?" "Ha stalker tendencies haven't changed since you left" ok we seemed to be sarcastically fighting now.

I cared that Parker had seen me at the diner with Cameron but it wasn't a date. Was Parker worried it had been? Especially since his confessions last night.

"We ended up arguing. Nothing interesting." I told the truth "what and no make up sex tonight? Gee he doesn't know how to fight his girlfriend properly" "you know we're not dating Parker cut it out" he shrugged and pushed me so I fell onto my bed ungracefully then laid down next to me.

"Camo and I got into a fight because I was here looking for you and he was looking for you too. Things got out of hand I guess" "yer out if hand you guess. He's got a bruised hand and you've got grazed knuckles. Sure you guess it got out of hand. Fucking juniors" he chuckled again

"You're brother broke it up before we did any real damage to each other" "Derrick shouldn't have had too. No one is dating me. Therefor no one should be fighting over me"

Parker seemed to think on that for a moment before rolling onto his side and watching me look at the ceiling. "Say you were dating and some other guy hits on you, you'd want whoever your dating to what? Forget about it and walk away from it?" He sounded so disgusted by the sound of it.

Parker was being entertaining as ever tonight. I smiled and nodded egging him on. "Ha what a crock of bull shit. If someone's dating they look out for their girlfriend guys are fucking one minded" true true.

"Fighting is so petty though only simpletons enjoy it" I threw petrol on the fire. It was silent for a moment before Parker rolled on top of me and braced himself so I could still breath. "Ha ha Kristie simpletons. Took me a while. I'm noticing you have a never ending sarcastic and trouble making streak to you" "no I don't. Its you you're a bad influence" "well here's hoping"

If he'd seen me at the dinner with Cameron why was he here I thought as the room grew quiet. Parker continued to look down at me thinking his own private thoughts. "Were you honestly checking to see if I was going to spend the night in someone else's bed?"

I couldn't help but grin as I proposed the idea he might be jealous. Knowing Parker I didn't think I'd get a remotely truthful answer if one at all. However I'd hopefully be able to tell with the look on his face as I asked the question.

"It wouldn't have mattered either way" ok he had a good poker face and that answer was crap. "If you spent the night in another girls bed it'd matter. However as I haven't confessed my undying love for you or returned you're stalker tendencies it's not a problem" I countered.

"Do you want me to spend the night in some girls bed to find out?" "Ha give it a go and we'll find out" ok bluff central. "I will continue my stalker ways you won't have to find out. I don't have time for other girls" I laughed sure he didn't. He had a reputation for being a charmer no mater if the girls were already attached or married. That led to his other huge reputation of being a fighter and a brawler.

"Sure you don't Parker. You don't have to justify you're self to me" I laughed then got up and started pacing again. He sat up and watched me "do you always do this?" "No but I'm too wired and I didn't want to go to the beach tonight. Things are complicated around here with out adding on other people" as I said other people he laughed full on and loud.

This time I scrambled onto the bed and covered his mouth. Cameron would definitely resign his feelings after today if he new Parker had made an appearance.

No one moved in the house so I relaxed a little realizing in my haste to shut Parker up I'd straddled his hips and very intimate anatomy were touching each other. I rolled off him and surprisingly he let me go.

"We were getting close before he even knew he wanted to try with you" it seemed like he had to put it out on the table. I laughed sarcastically "so what I'm a piece of candy you saw me first so I'm yours? Yer that's totally how the world works"

"You got one thing right you're candy good and sweet and something I want to eat"

"Oh Parksy you're so charming. How could I say no" I rolled my eyes and turned away from him and fell blissfully to sleep.