Falling for.....chapter sixteen

Parker was gone when I woke up. So I got ready and headed into work. As usual my projects kept me busy I went out to lunch with my boss and a new client. Karla didn't even seem bummed when I called her she was catching up with Derrick for lunch.

After it was just me at work I knew once again I was being a chicken. I needed to stop being so gutless I'd said something I regretted to a house mate now I had to go home and face the music.

I'd apologized what else could I do? Kiss him hug him hold him? not in front of Derrick. I would only tell my brother if things were serious. To just to get Cameron to forgive me.

He didn't want a relationship not a serious one he'd only blow up and changed his mind after he'd found out about Parker trying to get closer. I'd only said it being sincere.

The house was quiet Cameron seemed to be the only one home with his door shut and car in the drive way. Leave him in peace or try to get things between us sorted out again my mind battled. In the end I decided not to pester him like some pathetic girls crazy for his attention and praise.

I made and ate dinner at the table had a shower then headed to my room. On the bed was a picture someone must have taken at the bonfire with Parker and I laughing looking carefree. My eyes were twinkling and Parker's arm was around me.

I put it up on my wall and didn't take my eyes off it until they drifted closed.

The week was filled with busy interesting work meetings but by each afternoon I had to make my self head home dragging my feet all the way. Parker had dropped by on Tuesday. I'd made a fuss about the photo we looked good in it and it too centre stage on my wall facing my bed. Talking of beds he was glad once again to find me not only in mine but alone.

A few snide comments were made about Cameron. In the end I think Parker was trying to stick up for me and make me feel better by belittling him. I laughed at appropriate times and slapped him at others. We fell asleep together his arms secured me as if I might run off while he slept.

Friday night came and I couldn't take it anymore. I walked straight up to Cameron's door and knocked bravely. The angel opened the door looking warn out and tired. "Hey I'm going to make dinner are you interested?" He shook his head then rubbed his face "come on please I want to kiss and make up"

"Kristie as tempting as that is we're fine. I've gotta get back to it" he was shutting the door when I slid through under his arm. Spread out everywhere we papers, drawings, numbers written down and calculated as well as a few crumbled bits of paper. He sat back at his huge desk and got back to work. I watched for a while inquisitive to his thought process. "You're staring" he stated eventually continuing to work "sorry it's interesting watching you work. You're very OCD but its perfect" he sat back and rubbed his face again.

I wondered when was the last time he'd slept or eaten something healthy. The need to try to take care of him was overwhelming. Getting up going over I pushed him in his chair away from the desk and climbed up placing a leg either side of his and sat on his lap.

Kissing him with as much energy and love as I could he eventually reacted holding onto me and running his hand through my long hair.

I pulled away first gasping. What a mind blowing kiss. I pecked his lips once more before getting up off him and walking to his door "I'll make dinner and bring it in" he nodded and turned back to his work.

Chicken Kiev, mash potato, peas and carrots were piled up and I took them both into Cameron's room and placed it on the only empty surface. He hadn't even looked up. "You're staring again" I laughed and pecked him on the lips.

That got his attention and I nodded toward his plate. I climbed onto his bed and started eating happy to be in his company again. "You didn't have to do this" Cameron spoke up "I was making dinner anyway" "you know this is my favorite" I just smiled.

"I've missed being around you" I confided in him he turned to me from across the room "I've missed you too" "are you still annoyed I made that stupid comment?" He shook his head "I'm more annoyed at Parker for continuing to come over" that shocked me to the core.

So he had heard Parker laughing and chose to ignore it rather than trying to kick him out again. "We are friends. I won't do anything here Cameron" "you I can trust Kristie it's the other parties I cant" "he told me about the fight"

Cameron laughed a wicked manly laugh then shook his head "really?" "I know he only told me his side anyway. He said he came looking for me and you were looking for me to and it got out of hand. Derrick broke you up before anything major happened right?"

"If that's what he said it must have happened" "anyway what I'm trying to get at is again I'm sorry and I don't want anyone to fight over or about me. It's not worth it and I don't want anyone hurt. Especially you" I whispered blushing.

"I'd do it again Kristie he's complete fuckwit who thinks he can do whatever he likes. I'm older and wiser and a lot meaner than he could ever be. I might not fight as often as he does but I'll kick his ass" he stood up then and walked quickly over to me putting his plate on the bed then mine.

Then he picked me up off the bed taking all my weight. I wrapped my arms around him stunned and squealed like a little girl at the sudden feeling of weightlessness. "You've always squealed" he said before kissing me intensely. As always the kiss grew clothing disappeared and we were lost in each other.

I curled into his chest and with his arms around me I laughed wondering when was the last time I'd been in his room and we hadn't ended up having sex. "What's so funny?" He asked curiously "every time I enter your room lately we end up in bed together" "I love the way you think" he said and kissed me again.

After our third tryst the sheets were at disarray, I couldn't find my bra and we knew Derrick and Karla were back making noise in the kitchen. Cameron laughed at my shocked face as I heard them in the corridor he threw on his clothes and headed out to intercept them from coming to find us.

I knew it would be obvious what Cameron and I had to have been up too but I really, really didn't want to discus it so I got dressed made the bed tidied up eventually found my shoes then snuck back to my room.

I was left in piece until midnight when Cameron knocked on my door then came in. "Want to come for a drive?" I smiled "sure where are we going?" "I've got to drop this off I just finished it" he held another rolled up drawing and seemed proud. Getting out of bed and walking to my wardrobe I picked out a navy blue bandage dress a black cardigan and ballet shoes.

I turned and smiled at Cameron "want me to turn around?" I nodded my cheeks pink and flushed. I know it was stupid he'd seem me naked on so many occasions. He turns around and faced my bedroom door. Scrambling into my dress, cardigan and shoes finger brushing my hair then turning back to Cameron "thanks you can turn around now" I sprayed perfume on then grabbed my handbag and we headed out holding hands.

I was excited we'd made up and the sex was amazing.