080824 | letter was never sent

well, i guess i'm home?

ae

home is exactly what i remember it.

the things i left are untouched and have grown molds and dusts. i think our cats grew a little taller and the dogs, the dogs drastically become enormous. they're just a little cute puppies when i left, tho.

everything is exactly as it is yet strangely, i couldn't feel sick— homesick.

or am i just finding the metaphor of home to be sick for?

the camp, i missed it. so much that i point out even the very least resemblance of it at home. marvel and rojie shares their coffee with me because they know i worked hard again. rome likes this choco bar, i should get it for her. oh... she's not here. ligaya's stuff are in my kit, she must've needed them by now. ricks and perno would just be outside, waiting for us to get our mess kit or probably just want to pester us.

tent city, how i wanted to lay my back there again. even if it feels like having scoliosis because of the bumps, that's the thing i missed the most. and oh the narrow spaces that you have to bow down or the dress hanger would cut your head.

i'm finding it everywhere. every piece of camp general macario sakay, los baños, laguna— pnp covered court, 403rd, army subdivision where we run every morning and afternoon, commando's lair, malancañang, warfighting, latrine, kuya alex's turon and donuts, nay jopay's puregold where we bet our lives just not to be caught, conference hall, and my beloved admin office.

this is the home where i exactly remember.

the people that i miss, and the moments that i will forever keep. i write for them because i wanted to remember. and for grace, i couldn't forget.