Chapter 9

Text Message:
Ana: mia & I are going shopping. u should come
Nikki: okay... b ready in 15
As usual, the first thing I did was weigh myself. 106 lbs. Hows was it that I'd lost 21 lbs and was still an obese whale. Fatass. I quickly did 200 crunches and squats before getting grabbing a glass of water and a diet pill for breakfast.

"Did you eat anything?" Ana demanded as soon as I got into the car.
"No," I said proudly.
"Good," Ana said, blowing a kiss to the mirror. "You're still looking really fat."
Ana and Mia cheerfully chatted the rest of the ride, but I stayed silent. No one wants to hear what the fat girl thinks.
As we entered the boutique, I noticed that they added a new 'Petite' section. I cringed, knowing that I was still in the 'Regular' section. Of course, Ana and Mia simply told me to meet them at the dressing area in 20 before rushing of to the skinny section. After grabbing several shirts and accessories, I stopped at a rack of jeans. They were super cute, dark wash skinny jeans with white stitching. But what size? Before I could decide, Mia texted telling me it was time to try stuff on.
"What do you think?" Mia asked, twirling around in a green dress that was clearly several sizes too small.
"Perfect," Ana said approvingly.
"Um, maybe a size u-"
"No, no Nikki," Mia cut me off, horrified. "This is like thinspo. Put these clothes at the front of your closet, and every time you want to eat or skip a workout, look at them."
"Ohhh," I understood.
"Here," Ana commanded, and quickly switched my 00's for a size 6 petite. Petite! I was beside myself with joy.
Double the runs and fasting for two weeks. I must fit into these jeans.
We emerged from the store, bags bulging with clothes to fit into.
As soon as I got home, changed into workout clothes and ran over to Ana's. It was workout time.
As we stretched and warmed up, we talked about how good we'd look when we were skinny. After a ten mile run and an hour-long swim in Ana's arctic pool, she slipped a box into my hand. Look down, I saw it was a box of cigarettes.
"Cigarettes stop hunger pangs and burn calories," she explained, silencing my protests.
"Thanks," I nodded, and ran home.