Chapter Seven

~IVY~

I enter the living-room, in Finn and Asher's studio. Finn is sitting on the floor, on the phone with Asher, visibly.

"Right. I know, man", Finn's voice almost disappears in the loud silence.

I walk through the room, because I can't sit on the couch and do nothing and have to bear Finn's dumbest comments. I'm still mad at him about Gavin.

The living-room is bigger than I thought it was when seeing the small house from the outside. The decoration, I hate to admit it, is gorgeous. From the books piled up on the TV cabinet, and above the large modern TV screen.

A painting which looks so much like one of Monet's paintings is hanging on the wall. At the other side is a mirror with a golden frame.

To my greatest joy -full irony, of course- I have been obliged to go in Phineas' car once more for him to drive me to his place. Visibly, the four of us are supposed to meet here.

I pass my fingers on the CDs disposed on the furniture, under the painting.

Do they still listen to them?

I read a few titles: 'A Place We Knew', by Dean Lewis; three albums by The Weeknd, then four by One Direction.

"They're coming", Finn declares.

"Together?" I manifest my surprise.

"Yep", Finn turns his head towards me. "They were...well I don't really know where."

He doesn't seem surprised at all. Honestly, he doesn't seem to care at all.

I detach my attention from the CDs, and walk back to the couch. And, oh well, I don't care if I look pathetic, sitting on the couch with nothing to do.

"Well, are you gonna sit here and watch me do nothing?"Finn asks without raising his eyes from his phone.

I look away: "First, I'm not watching you"

"It doesn't look like it-"

"Let me finish."

"Alright, Mrs. Carter."

"Just shut up", I sigh at his stupidity.

"So, aren't you gonna continue your speech?"

"Second, that's not a speech. And third, aren't you sitting here and watching me do nothing?"

"It sounds like you're making a list."

"That's not a list", I roll my eyes. "But if you want me to make you a list, I totally can."

"It's not as if I have anything better to do, anyways", he replies, still scrolling on his phone.

"This list is untitled: 'Reasons why you suck' "

"Me?!"he drops his phone on the floor.

"No one ever taught you not to interrupt people when they're speaking?"

"I don't think so-"he begins ironically.

"That's a rhetorical question, you idiot."

He finally shuts his mouth.

"One: always have to have the last word", I cross my legs.

"That's not-"

"That's totally true. Two: always interrupts people when they're speaking."

"I'll correct you right there", he points a finger in the air, "I only interrupt you because it annoys you."

I continue, ignoring him: