### Chapter 22 : Confronting Shadows

Friday, August 2, 2024

6:45 AM

The early morning sun cast a gentle glow across the room, but Ayesha's heart was anything but calm. She sat on the edge of the bed, staring at the message on her phone. The past, which she had tried so hard to bury, had resurfaced with a vengeance.

Ayesha knew she had to tell Ahmed. She took a deep breath, waking him gently. "Ahmed, mujhe tumse baat karni hai," she said softly. (Ahmed, I need to talk to you.)

Ahmed blinked, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. "Kya hua, Ayesha?" he asked, concern etched on his face. (What happened, Ayesha?)

She handed him her phone, her hands trembling slightly. Ahmed's expression darkened as he read the message and saw the photo. "Yeh kaun bhej raha hai?" he asked, his voice low and controlled. (Who is sending this?)

Ayesha shook her head, tears welling up in her eyes. "Mujhe nahi pata. Lekin mujhe darr lag raha hai." (I don't know. But I'm scared.)

Ahmed took her hand, his grip firm and reassuring. "Don't worry, Ayesha. Hum isko mil kar handle karenge. Tum akeli nahi ho." (Don't worry, Ayesha. We'll handle this together. You're not alone.)

Later that morning, Ahmed arranged a meeting with his legal and security teams. They needed to find out who was behind the message and ensure Ayesha's safety.

As they sat around the conference table, Ahmed briefed the team. "Yeh koi random message nahi hai. Yeh Ayesha ko darane aur hamare rishte ko todne ki koshish hai," he said, his tone firm. (This is not a random message. This is an attempt to scare Ayesha and disrupt our relationship.)

One of the security experts spoke up. "Hamare paas kuch resources hain jo yeh trace kar sakte hain. Lekin hamein Ayesha se kuch aur details chahiye hongi." (We have some resources that can trace this. But we'll need more details from Ayesha.)

Ayesha recounted everything she could remember about her relationship with Zain, and how it ended. The team took notes, formulating a plan to trace the sender and protect her from any further threats.

As the meeting concluded, Ahmed turned to Ayesha. "Kuch der ke liye tumhe apni routine change karni hogi. Main chahta hoon ke tum safe raho." (You'll need to change your routine for a while. I want you to be safe.)

Ayesha nodded, appreciating Ahmed's concern. "Thik hai. Main tumhari baat manungi." (Alright. I'll do as you say.)

That evening, Ahmed and Ayesha decided to stay in. The events of the day had left them both drained, but they found solace in each other's company. They sat together on the couch, talking about their hopes and dreams for the future.

"Ayesha, tumhe pata hai, jab se tum meri zindagi mein aayi ho, sab kuch badal gaya hai," Ahmed said, looking at her with love in his eyes. (Ayesha, you know, since you came into my life, everything has changed.)

Ayesha smiled, her heart swelling with emotion. "Aur tumne mujhe phir se jeena sikha diya," she replied softly. (And you've taught me how to live again.)

As they shared a quiet moment, Ayesha's phone buzzed again. Her heart skipped a beat as she saw another message from the same unknown number. Ahmed took the phone, his face hardening as he read the message.

"Tumse milna hai. Purane masle suljhaane hain," the message read. (I need to meet you. We have old issues to resolve.)

Ahmed looked at Ayesha. "Yeh insan kya chahta hai?" he asked, frustration evident in his voice. (What does this person want?)