***Chapter 5: Rejected Echoes***

"Chhod aaye hum us raaste ko, jo khushi se door tha,
Aaj bhi yaadon ka saaya, dil ko behlaata hai.
Nayi raahon pe nikal kar, nayi zindagi ki talaash hai,
Par purani dard ki kahani, ab bhi yaad dilata hai."

("We left behind that path which was far from happiness,
Even today, shadows of memories soothe the heart.
Venturing onto new paths, searching for a new life,
But the old tale of pain still reminds us of its strife.")

### Chapter 5: Rejected Echoes

After their breakup, Ayesha focused on moving forward, immersing herself in daily routines and spending time with her family. However, her peace was short-lived when Zain attempted to contact her again. One evening, her phone buzzed with a call from an unknown number. Recognizing the familiar digits, Ayesha felt her heart skip a beat; it was Zain. But she had blocked his number after their last conversation, and now he was trying a different way to reach her.

Determined to leave the past behind, Ayesha ignored the call. Moments later, a message notification appeared. Zain had found another way to communicate, this time through a messaging app. "Ayesha, can we talk?" he wrote. The sight of his name on her screen brought a flood of conflicting emotions, but Ayesha knew she couldn't go back to the emotional turmoil she had left behind.

Firmly, she responded, "No, Zain. There's nothing left to discuss."

Zain didn't stop there. He continued messaging, asking about her life, trying to re-establish a connection. "Are you going to college?" he inquired, perhaps trying to rekindle a casual conversation.

Ayesha, wanting to be polite but firm, replied simply, "No, I'm not."

Undeterred, Zain continued to message her, asking about her well-being and offering to help with her studies. Ayesha, feeling the weight of his persistent intrusion, decided to set boundaries. She sent a final message, stating, "Please don't message me, Zain. I already have a lot of problems in my life."

Zain, perhaps sensing her distress, asked, "What happened?"

Ayesha didn't want to divulge too much but felt the need to explain herself. She replied, "There's a phone usage limit for me now, not too much, and many other issues."

Despite the turmoil inside, Ayesha made a conscious effort to appear happy and composed in front of her family and friends. She smiled, laughed, and participated in daily activities, hiding her grief behind a facade of normalcy. She didn't want anyone to know about the emotional scars Zain had left or the struggles she faced in moving on.

Ayesha's decision to block Zain's attempts at communication marked a significant step in her healing process. She realized that she needed to protect her peace and focus on her own well-being. Although the wounds from her past relationship were still fresh, Ayesha found strength in her decision to prioritize herself. This resolve brought her a sense of calm and a renewed determination to build a future free from the shadows of her past.

As she continued her journey of self-discovery, Ayesha knew that there would be challenges ahead. But with each step forward, she felt more confident in her ability to navigate them, holding onto the hope that brighter days were within reach.

.

Do vote and comment
Thank you
~Author_noor