49 - Forty - Nine - Nikita Russo's Point Of View.

While we laid together on the bed, I couldn't help but feel like Yuri and his uncle took advantage of us being here and tried to spruce it up, even if it was just mildly.

There was no reason to attend any of the places they had arranged, but Viktor smiled as he told me about them all and I, too, wanted to experience those things with him. Even if this wasn't originally that kind of trip. The man in front of me was wildly different from the man who had caught my attention before. This man, my husband, my walking weakness, I loved him deeply.

"Viktor?" I muttered; my head tucked into his neck.

"Yes?"

"I love you."

Viktor was quiet. He didn't say a word, rather he just held me even tighter against him. In silence, we stayed like this for a while. Our breathing synced, and it was pure comfort between us.

Viktor's chest rumbled against mine when he spoke. "I love you too, Kita, and I have for a long time." His hands slipped down the back of my pants and boxers, and he gripped two handfuls of my ass, giving them a healthy squeeze. "Oh, how I wish I could press you against those windows and fuck you senseless. But not here. I'll have to find a place to do just that."

The windows in question were floor to ceiling and slightly tinted, but you could see all the city and its lights from here. Viktor was onto something, though. The windows had this thrill factor to them. I almost wondered what they would feel like as I pressed against them. He couldn't openly fuck me here, but he still could behind closed doors, and perhaps even in the bath. We could wash the evidence away.

Looking up to check on the three dogs, they had settled around the room, with two on the large couch and one by the window. Distracted by this, Viktor rolled us over so that he was on top, and he pressed his lips to mine, his hands still firmly grabbing my butt.

"The dogs are definitely on to something here. I'm exhausted." Viktor said and dropped his head onto my chest.

"I might have been too, if you didn't make me nap earlier." I teased him.

"You needed it. You were tired." Viktor said, and clearly didn't regret his choice.

"If I'm up all night, it's your fault." I sighed.

Viktor rolled off of me and laid on his back beside me. "I should take the dogs out to use the bathroom. Stay here."

"I can't come?"

"Nope, you can just relax here." Viktor said, and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Why the hell can't I come?" I groaned, debating, acting up, but at my age it wasn't exactly flattering, so I mellowed out again.

"I want to limit anyone seeing you. After all, you look like your biological brothers and father, Nikita."

"You're not wrong, but I really don't want to see it. Not now. But I can understand that." I said and waved him off. The dogs were reluctant to move from their comfortable spots, but they did eventually. The room was quiet without Viktor and the dogs. It reminded me of all the other times I had stayed in hotels over the years, and a bitterness filled me.

The phone on the nightstand rang, and I ignored the first ring. I assumed it was a mistake. But on the third ring I picked up.

"Hello?" I said, in English, not thinking twice about it.

"Nikita?" the voice said on the other end of the phone. It was a man, and his voice was deep.

"You have the wrong number." I said and the chuckle that came through caught me off guard.