50 - Fifty- Nikita Russo's Point Of View.

Noon.

Viktor and I had made the choice to go, but not in the car. Viktor insisted on driving us himself, and I was on board with that. The driver made a quick call and told whom I would assume was my blood brother, that we were insisting on driving ourselves, following right behind.

Viktor held my hand in the SUV as he followed behind the driver. Viktor looked uncomfortable, but I figured it had to do with the BPV that he had on, and not the situation at hand. Even I found my bullet-proof vest uncomfortable today like a foreshadowing event.

Viktor and I were pretty decked out with weapons. Knives and a few guns, the larger ones were loaded into the back of the SUV and the smaller ones were on our person. The dogs remained back at the hotel; I refused to let Viktor bring them to the 'manor'. There was no need for them. Viktor and I were enough on our own.

Smaller apartment style buildings gave way to small residential homes, and those gave way to larger homes. When those too gave way, large, obscenely large manors with well maintained long yards and fences took their place.

"Unless you truly need all that space, this seems wild." I muttered, and that made Viktor chuckle.

"Then what of our home, Nikita? It's not at all much different from these." Viktor said, and I thought about it, but there were plenty of differences.

"Incorrect. The Russo family mansion is for more than just one family, and given exactly what you do, Viktor. It really only makes sense that you need at that space." I said, relaxing back into the seat for the first time this entire ride.

"Hmm. You have a point." He laughed, and it was a tense laugh, but it helped the dry silence in the SUV. "I assume that your blood family's manor is outrageously large, given from what Yuri found suggested they had money, far too much if it."

"Must be a common problem." I said and looked at Viktor, wiggling my eyebrows. Looking out the windshield, I took a deep breath as the car in front of us stopped and turned down a long gravel driveway. Viktor followed behind down the driveway towards the large manor.

"Time to be vigilant." Viktor said and slipped his hand down to his handgun. He was making sure that his gun was right there in case he needed. The car parked along the side of the driveway and Viktor pulled the SUV right up beside turning the vehicle off.

"Do you need a moment?" I asked Viktor and watched his face harden into the Mob boss version of Viktor Russo. He opened his door first, and I followed suit. A shiver raked through me when the wind blew, and the driver was waiting for us to follow him.

I couldn't even describe this experience as comfortable. My hand remained close to my gun, and Viktor was the same. We were both feeling a little on edge.

"I've got your back," Viktor said quietly, and I nodded.

"Same to you."

The driver opened the door, and an older man waited inside dressed in black slacks and a crème knitted sweater. If I saw this man in public, I would have just thought of him as any other man his age. He looked friendly and easygoing. He said nothing when we stepped inside. He just looked me up and down. He was really studying me.

"You took heavily after my father." He said, a bitter tone in his voice. "Come in. We have much to talk about." Viktor was checking out his surroundings, and he noticed. "You can relax. As much as I don't want you two here, I am not stupid enough to openly attack a mob boss."

Viktor and I followed alongside him to a sitting room, and he had papers and files on the top of the coffee table. He sat down first, and Viktor and I sat on the other couch, though it was more like a fancy bench.