CHAPTER 6 "CAUSE, WHAT EFFECT?"

Everyone looked at me in concern like I have been dead for centuries. I was just as confused as they were since this scenario is very odd. I told them the voices were the same exact voices from those humans way back from a dream I had when I was younger.

“Wait those humans…? The ones with the weird suits and everything?” Kalao asked.

“Yes, I’m glad that you still remember that Kalao.” I replied with a sigh.

“Well that’s weird… don’t you think there’s some sort of pattern with the things you are experiencing your highness?” Asked Diamond.

“Well, I can’t be sure. But if this happens again, then there is definitely something wrong with me.”

“I’ll make you some soup your highness, just continue discussing about the events that you have experienced in the past and to this exact day.” Said Hari.

“Yea, those experiences might help us gather more information. They might be connected to this barrier mystery.” Said Larra.

I agreed with everyone and told them everything that I could remember from my childhood. The one particular piece of memory I had shared is when Queen Oqiua said a sentence that had sent a shiver through my spine.
After I said that, everyone started to build up more theories about what Queen Oqiua said to me. They said it might be something that she couldn’t do to her self when she became queen of her country at a young age. Some of them also said it might be something that had a deeper meaning.

I still felt something off about that sentence and I was getting quite anxious. Kalao sat beside me and gave me my soup and told me to try to clear my mind a bit and think about it even more. I agreed and started enjoying the warm soup that Hari prepared for all of us.

When night came everyone started to get ready for our night routine. Some of us has to rest for a few hours, and during that time some of us has to stay outside of the tents to keep a lookout incase of a untamed creature attacks us or any worse case scenario happens.

Everybody said that I should sleep first but I told everyone that I already got enough sleep earlier. Me, Kalao and Larra were the first ones to be the guards of the knight. We were staying outside of the tents, just investigating any abnormal activities. Nothing was out in the darkness of the forest just yet so we decided to sit down and have some small talk.

“So… your highness about what you just said earlier, is it really true that you experienced those things when you were younger?” Larra asked.

“Yes, they are all true.” I replied.

“I’m… so sorry. I only knew that you lost your brother and I thought that was already heavy to bare. But it turns out that there more things that you have to shoulder at such a young age. And I admire that you are a strong person.” Larra said in admiration.

“It was hard, but I’m glad that someone admires the things I do, because sometimes I think everything I do is never enough to satisfy my family, my people, and myself as well.” I said with a long face.

“Hey, don’t think like that Vil. Everything you do is already enough to make your future citizens happy, you are still a princess training her self to become queen of Katria.” Kalao said to comfort me.

“Thank you Kalao…” I replied.

“I have one question for the both of you, are you two perhaps… together? Romatically that is.” Larra questioned.

“Ah-! No, no! not at all, me and Viliua are just close since we knew each other when we were kids.” Said Kalao in embarrassment.

“Aw, what a shame. You two seem to match each other perfectly, This is my opinion of course but, everyone else also seems to agree.” Larra grinned.

“Nonsense… Kalao and I are just childhood friends and that is all.” I said.

While we were talking, Kalao heard something from the distance. He informed me as soon as he heard it, but I couldn’t sense any presence because of the magical aura in the area.

Soon enough we turned around and there was a untamed tiger standing in the shadows. It was good that we were fully prepared for any occurrence. Larra started to fight off the untamed creature while we were supporting her from behind. Suddenly many more creatures appeared when we were almost done with the tiger.

A lot of them came out of no where and started attacking us and they were getting closer to the campsite. Luckily, Hari, Diamond and AJ woke up and started to help us battle with the groups of untamed creatures. When we defeated most of them, more of them came in from the darkness of the forest.
Strike after strike, defeat after defeat, they were all gone. By the time we where going to rest we saw that the sun is already rising. We spent the whole night fighting unknown creatures for some reason and everyone was exhausted, and on top of that, the magical aura was still intensely high. 

“Looks like we’ll definitely hit the haystack when we get back to Katria” Diamond sighed as he sat down.

“Tell me about it… I thought this expedition would be all about observations, but it looks like we are going to fight our butts off.” AJ said in disappointment.

“Lets just make some food again, Larra lets get more fire wood.” Hari told Larra.

When the both of them went off, the rest of us started to patch up our injuries during the battle. Diamond was also making some theories about how those creature were attack us in the first place. He said that it could be a side a effect of the amount of aura present in the area. He also said that it might be they wanted to get into Raque but attacked us instead.

Those theories might be true but it was out of the blue, so it was hard to determine weather or not that the creatures were there for a reason. A few moments later, Larra and Hari came back with two piles of fire wood and began making breakfast for everyone.

An hour later, we decided to write down everything that happened so far on our records book. From the effects, creatures we encountered, the dream I had and many more major details.

Just by writing down all of this, it gave us a feeling that something eerie might be lurking around the corner. It might be close, it might be near, we don’t know where it is, we don’t know when it will happen. What are the chances to this scenario?  Is Katria…… in trouble?