Thawing Heart

"Gray-sama?"

"Yes Juvia?" Gray looked up at the bluenette. Her deep blue orbs peered down at him, and Gray found himself blushing.

"Oh, Juvia just wanted to go on a mission with you," she stated shyly. Gray was taken aback by her straightforwardness but wasn't really surprised. Truth be told, he wanted to, but Gray couldn't look weak or show any kind of emotion in front the guild.

"I'm sorry Juvia, but I don't want to go on a mission with you," Gray lied. Her face fell, and Juvia walked away without saying anything else.

Gray wanted to run after her. He wanted to grab her and kiss her. His emotion bled through his cheeks. Gray didn't hear a red head walk over to the table.

"Why haven't you given a clear cut answer? She deserves to be happy," Erza whispered. Gray's body burned more internally. Emotions may be what drive Natsu, but not for Gray.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Juvia walked through the streets of Magnolia. Clouds formed over the town. Wind blew paper everywhere. This was going to be a bad storm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gray stayed at the guild until late at night. Outside, a terrible storm raged on. Was this my fault? Gray thought.

Suddenly, Natsu and Lucy ran into the guild. Blue hair hung on Natsu's shoulder.

"Gray!" Lucy yelled. Gray ran to them. Natsu laid the unconscious girl on a table. Gray felt his entire body rage with heat. His brain pounded trying to ponder what had happened.

"Juvia," Gray whispered as he brushed her hair from her face.