Peace for now

A belly button poked Arthur awake, he rubs his blurred eyes and witnesses his girlfriend pushing her slightly rounded stomach up against his face.

"Wakey wakey Papa Aru~"

Seleste teased Arthur in a soft and pleasant voice, which made Arthur smile wide. She leans in and kisses her boyfriend.

"Good morning to you two"

Arthur sits up and kisses Seleste and kisses her slightly protruded belly. Giving it a gentle rub after the kiss.

"Breakfast is ready"

From the belly rub, Arthur grasps Seleste's hand and gets out of bed with a huge smile. The three proceed to the dining room.

It's been 2 months since the reveal of their child and the two have been incredibly joyful ever since. Len has since found another job on the other side of the city and moved closer to it. Arthur found an apartment close to Nana's house and has been receiving help from her as well. The incoming child, along with Arthur's support, has helped Seleste with her anxiety and depression from her parents murder. However one thing still loomed over everyone's mind. Will there be anymore meteors?

For Len, there were 2 additional topics on his mind. Where is his family and Tina.

Although him and Tina has since broken up, he still has deep emotions for his ex-girlfriend. He has started working out in the gym that is connected to his apartment complex. The gym is free to use for all occupants of the complex.

Seleste is wolfing down her breakfast that consisted of chocolate and sour gummies between two salty crackers. Next to the sandwich was a jar of pickled yellow peppers that sat opened next to some Tabasco hot sauce mixed into some cereal that also had some whole coffee beans.

Arthur chuckles at the odd breakfast that she was partaking in and spoons himself a hearty mouthful of cereal.

"Aru, gum can be swallowed right? Or does it really stay in your tummy for 7 years?"

Raising one eyebrow, Arthur looks at her with an amused quizzical look.

"That's all a myth Se, why do you ask?"

In between bites Seleste replies

"Well that's good to know, because I have already ate 5 of them"

Arthur became more intrigued at this statement.

"Wait, you mean you are chewing spearmint gum while eating your yellow peppers and coffee beans?"

He lets out a loud laugh and slaps his knee

"This is going to be a fun pregnancy! Does it taste good?"

Seleste uses one hand to grab her bowl of coffee Tabasco milk bowl to her mouth and starts to drink it, while the other hand is pouring coffee beans into Arthur's bowl of cereal.

Arthur regrettably starts to pour Tabasco sauce into his bowl as well and pokes three pickled peppers out of the jar.

The pregnant woman starts flailing her arms up and down, signalling for her partner to "enjoy" his meal.

Wincing at the thought of consuming such an outlandish meal, he pauses for a second before partaking in this tonado of a breakfast. A sour face fell upon Arthur as Seleste sat laughing loudly at the sight.

After their meal, Arthur pulls some documents out as Seleste finishes washing the last few dishes.

"What are those for Aru?"

"Officer Longstein sent me some analysis that came back yesterday, I haven't looked at them yet so I decided to look at them now while I had the time to"

The final utensil was put away to dry and Seleste sits next to Arthur with her hands grasped around his left arm. Arthur slowly reads through the documents out loud.

"Hmm, the results of the dirt was negative.... The oil store that Uncle exclusively goes to doesn't remember the day he bought the oil
...."

Arthur sighs as he was dissatisfied with what the documents have reported.

"I'm sorry Len, but there has been nothing to go off of."

Seleste hugs his arm a little tighter for reassurance and pats it. Everyone has been wondering where Len's family could be, were they kidnapped? Or did something worse occur?

"Wait Aru, does it say what kind of questions were asked when they asked the store owner?"

"Hmm? Yeah, it should say right here. 'Have you seen this man buy oil here recently?'. Their answer was no. The video recording that day doesn't show anyone buying oil resembling Uncle.

Seleste grabs the papers and goes through the questions. Carefully reading through it and examining each question carefully.

"Umm, did they mention the type of oil?"

"Well no, if Uncle wasn't seen there it doesn't matter anymore doesn't it?"

Scratching her non existent beard, Seleste reads further, clearly uneasy at the questions.

"But someone could have bought the same oil there though. And whatever happened to the blood sample from earlier?"

Arthur's phone begins to ring and he checks to see who it was.

*Officer Longstein*

"Good morning Officer, how's it going?"

He hears heavy breathing and keys jingling on the other end of the line.

".... Arthur? Oh, Good morning sir, I have urgent news to tell you."

Seleste's phone begins to ring as well.

*Lens*

"Hello Lens, wh-"

"They found Dad's credit card!"

Officer Longstein begins to explain to Arthur that they found a piece of the card and it was found shredded into strips in a recycling plant.

Arthur and Seleste both look at each other and nodded.

"We're on our way!"
"We're on our way!"