S1 E7: You Get Me

Me, K.O, and Enid were at the front counter getting ready to play a little game of kick ball. K.O. turns himself into a ball and bounces toward Enid. Enid catches him with her foot and starts bouncing and dribbling him around. "Perfect form!" K.O. said cheering. "Ready for the big finish? I've been practicing my signature, hands-free hot dog" Enid asked. "Hands-free hot dog?" I asked. "Hands-Free Hot Dog! Hands-Free Hot Dog!" K.O. chanted. Enid then proceeded to dribble K.O. some more, and as she did, a customer came over to the counter.

The customer was dressed in a cloak and had a white beard, which made him look a lot like a wizard. "Good evening, young ladies. Such lovely weather we're having, hmm? Oh, you know, when I was a lad, on nights like this, my father would take me to harvest mandrakes under the moon" the customer said, rambling on.

Enid noticed him but ignored him to focus on her trick. She flings K.O. into the air, and he bounces around, hitting the hot dog roller, causing hot dogs to fly out. He also hits a ketchup, a mustard bottle, and a jar of relish as they flew into the air.

Enid grabbed a bun and caught a hot dog, along with the condiments. "That hot dog is the most impressive thing my body has ever made" K.O. said. "Yeah, we did a pretty good job" I said, walking over to them. "What do you mean we? Me and K.O. made the hot dog" Enid said. "Yep, and I'm the one who ate it" I said. I hit the hot dog out of Enid's hand and looked up as it flew in the air. I opened my mouth and tried to catch the hot dog in my mouth, but it splated on my face instead.

K.O. saw that and laughed, and so did Enid. "Ok, not my best moment" I said, picking up the hot dog and eating it. "I bet making that hot dog is some kind of record" K.O. said. "Yes, the new in-store record for ignoring the customer" the wizard said. "Actually, my record for ignoring randos like you is way higher than that. Better luck next time" Enid said.

I thought that was a bit rude, but I knew she didn't care. "You know, young lady, back in my day, the store employees knew that the customer was always right and treated them with respect" the wizard said, crossing his arms. "Well, sir, you got my attention now. What do you need? " Enid said a little annoyed. "I want to speak to the manager" the wizard said. "Ok, i'll go get him" Enid said.

She then goes under the counter and pulls out K.O., setting him in front of the wizard. "That's not the manager. He is but a child" the wizard said. "Oh yeah, you're right. You see manages to survive when someone paying attention to him for five seconds, so I got confused. My bad" Enid said, smirking. I wasn't gonna lie.

That was pretty funny, but then I noticed the wizard was starting to get angry. "Mark my words, you brat. You will rue the day you ignore the demands of Wally the White!" The wizard said angrily. "Who?" Enid asked. Wally stammers at her question. "Don't you see! That's me!" Wally said.

He then disappeared in a burst of magic, or whatever came out of his hands. "We have a door. He didn't need to do all that" I said, looking at the mess Wally left behind. "Do you think we were too hard on that guy?" K.O. asked. "That old windbag? Don't feel bad for him K.O.. He wasn't going to buy anything. He just wanted someone to talk at" Enid explained. "But now he thinks you're mean. You aren't mean" K.O. said. "She's not mean. She can just be brutally honest sometimes" I said. "I'm glad you think i'm not mean, K.O., but I don't really care if people think i'm mean. I don't expect people to get me" Enid said. "I get you though, right?" K.O. asked. "I don't know" Enid said, unsure. K.O. looked at her like he was about to cry. "Aww, don't worry about it, brush head. Now go mop up that wizard crud before we close" Enid said. K.O. ran off to get a mop to go clean the burn marks off the floor, while me and Enid went back to work.

The next day, I flew over to the bodega, getting ready for work. I dropped to the ground and entered the store. I saw K.O., Rad, and Mr. Gar standing next to the front counter. "Hey y'all, what's going on?" I asked, walking over. "K.O. says that Enid here has been turned to stone" Mr. Gar said.