Chapter 4

————

As the quartet walked together in the castle, Sasha looked around.

"The said that there'd be monsters at large in this exam," Sasha spoke, "but they've been dealt with by the students who went in first." She looked back at the Demon King and Queen. "Are you sure we should be moving along at this leisurely pace?"

As she and y/n kept walking, Anos stopped and looked at Misha. "About her birthday...There are some choice items in the treasure room on the lowest level. If any remain, they're yours."

Misha looked up at him. "Really?"

"Yes. I'll be glad to pick something out for you, as well. When's your birthday?"

She looked down. "Tomorrow."

"You're twins?" Anos asked, and Misha nodded. "How old will you be?"

"Fifteen. I don't want anything."

"No need to be shy."

Misha straightened her posture. "Tomorrow is-" She was interrupted by her sister.

"Hey! Come on, you two!"

After a while, they came to a dead end.

"Oh, come on!" Sasha exclaimed. "This is a dead end!"

"Right." Anos said as y/n shook her head. "It's a secret passageway."

Sasha tried using her Demonic Eyes, but couldn't see anything. Anos moved forward and...quite literally walked through the wall, breaking it. Sasha gasped and Misha just stared. y/n facepalmed. There was a better way to do that.

Anos stared at the three women. "There, secret passageway. Hurry up."

————

After walking a bit more, they finally made it to the room with the scepter.

"Is that...that scepter?" Sasha asked.

As always, Anos smugly smiled. "Our perfect score is in the bag now."

Sasha walked up to the scepter. "Is it okay if I touch it?"

y/n nodded as Anos answered. "Yes."

Sasha reached out to grab it with a big smile and sparkling eyes, which made y/n laugh and smile.

Anos called for Misha, and brought her to a room with all sorts of accessories and weapons. "Go ahead and pick out something that will suit Sasha."

Misha looked around for a moment before looking at a certain robe. "I like that."

Anos looked at the robe. "The Phoenix Robe, huh? That's an item which grants its wearer the benefit of immortal flames." Misha nodded with a small smile. "Give it to her, then."

Misha gently held the robe with a small blush and smile before looking at a ring on a nearby table. "A ring?"

"That's the 'Lily-pad ice ring.'" Anos replied. "The chill it gives off is said to fill the Seven Seas with ice. Look like this ring is calling out to you. Do you want it?"

Misha stared at the ring before looking at Anos, shaking her head. She held the robe close with a smile. "That's okay."

They came back out the room a few moments after, Sasha and y/n looked at the two.

"Hey!" Sasha said. "Where were you two anyway?" y/n nodded in agreement, although she already knew what the room was.

"Sorry about that." Anos spoke. "Did you miss us?"

"I was worried, okay?" y/n looked at Sasha with a smile, realizing what she said. Anos looked back at Misha, nodding his head. After a moment, Misha walked over to her older sister, handing her the Phoenix Robe.