Chapter 12

Sorry for any typos <3

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

Y/n stood at the edge of the arena, staring at Anos and Lay with worry. She had a feeling something bad was going to happen, and she always trusted her gut, so she stayed on guard, ready for the unexpected.

The crowd cheered either for Anos or Lay. The announcer then spoke up, "The final match is going to be played under special rules." The referee then used his magic to put magic bracelets on the fighter's left wrist. "If these bracelets get destroyed, that will also be counted as a loss."

The moment the magic power being siphoned off by that spirit drain ring has been depleted, I've made it so Sheila's Spirit Disease will worsen and extinguish her source. Also, should you happen to defeat Lay, his source will be wiped out by the contractual sword magic. The announcer said to Anos mentally.

So I'm supposed to just sit tight and let this drain my magic power? Anos thought.

The announcer spoke up again, acting as if they didn't say anything to Anos. "And now the Dilhade Magic sword tournament final...may begin!"

Lay and Anos then began fighting each other, their magic power draining every second. Y/n clasped her hands together and watched in worry and amazement. Seeing Anos fight has always amazed her, but seeing Lay fight like this...it reminded her of someone she knows...or rather knew.

She gasped in shock and slight fear, along with the Unitarians, once Lay cut himself. She watched as he slightly winced. The contract...the sword magic was slowly destroying his source. She continued watching them fight again, their battle unable to be seen by the naked eye.

The two men exchanged blows before coming to an all stop. They stared at each other for a few seconds before charging at each other once again, both of them hitting a fatal blow. Anos' arm was cut off while Lay was stabbed in the chest. Y/n stared in disbelief, watching as Lay muttered something to Anos before a barrier appeared around the arena, and she quickly hopped in before it could fully close.

She stood next to Anos, looking at their surroundings. It was like they were in a different dimension. She then heard a voice.

"I have awaited this very moment for so many long years," Y/n and Anos narrowed their eyes and glanced in the direction of the voice.

"So the contractual magic sword inside of Lay, as well as my getting selected to participate in this tournament...I assume I can attribute to you. Am I right, Melheis?" Anos asked, and the owl(that was originally the announcer) turned into one of the Seven Demon Emperors Anos created, Melheis.

Y/n grit her teeth in anger as Melheis spoke. "Yes. And now, at long last, I can finally rid the world of your wretched presence."

Y/n glared at him and took a small step forward, standing protectively in front of Anos. "Melheis...are you claiming victory just because you locked him inside a dimensional prison?"

"The outcome has already been decided, my queen. The spirit drain ring has left you with less than even half of your magic power. Moreover, the arm sliced off by the magic sword Inizio won't be healing any time soon. And you can see what kind of state Lay Glandzudlii is in. Not to mention..." A portal opened and the other two Demon Emperors, Gaios Anzem and Ydol Anzeo, came out.

"I can't wait. It's time for some payback," Gaios said with an overconfident smile as he held his sword.

Ydol only frowned. "Remember, he's our founding ancestor. Keep your guard up, Gaios. We might also have to fight the queen as well."