2

TW: mentions of self-harm and blood!!

***

Since when did a child learn what he shouldn't do?

He shouldn't look at people directly, and he shouldn't show his eyes. If his long hair shook even a little bit or if his eyes were visible, those around him would flinch and retreat with contemptuous faces.

There were many attendants who took care of feeding him, dressing him, and bathing him, but none of them looked at the child's face properly. They turned their eyes away and quickly retreated without hiding their expressions. Those who educated him were even worse. With a cold expression, they poured out difficult words that the child couldn't understand as if explaining to someone who wasn't there and then disappeared.

Everyone turned away from the child's face.

So he couldn't smile and he couldn't speak to anyone. He couldn't open his arms and ask to be hugged, and he couldn't leave the room. And he absolutely couldn't cry. If he did any of these things, the attendants around him would all flinch and reveal fear on their faces.

There was not a single person who returned the child's pure kindness. Since he started to understand words, he realized that the words they always whispered behind him were meant for him.

The curse of the dragon.

Born with different eyes from the others, he was a cursed existence. The person who made it clear to him was the queen, his mother. The first thing she did when she came to see the child was to make him stand in front of a mirror.

"Look closely. See how terrible and wicked you are. Look at your eyes!"

The queen grabbed the child's hair tightly and shook it. The child's body trembled weakly at the queen's gesture. The queen brought the child's face close to the mirror and whispered in his small ear.

"So you have to be punished."

The child saw himself and his mother's reflection in the mirror. His own eyes, are different from others. And the red veins in his mother's eyes, filled with madness. But soon, his vision went dark.

Thud!

The queen forcefully pushed the child's head against the mirror.

"It's all your fault. Because you were born as a devil."

The image of the queen's face with a wicked smile came to mind. Her hand roughly pulled the child's head from the shattered mirror. As if proving that he was human, blood flowed from the expressionless child's forehead.

Since the child was born, no one had treated him kindly. However, there was someone who spoke warm words, even if it was out of sympathy. He was the child's personal maid, one of the many who had taken care of the noble children. The reason she was called was because there was no one else to take care of a child who didn't speak and was expressionless.

However, the child had no problem reading books and writing, even though they didn't speak. It was clear that they were not stupid, but their expressionless face, along with their eyes, made people see him more eerie. So the palace maids had no choice but to take care of the child, but no one wanted to be assigned to that role.

In the palace, people feared being in charge of the child as if it were a nightmare. In the end, it was not a palace maid but a nanny from outside who became the child's personal maid. The first thing she saw when she came to the palace was the violence the queen poured onto the child. What was even more surprising was the reaction of those around him, who took it for granted.

"Look at his eyes. That child is a devil. Even though the queen may be excessive, it is a necessary thing," they said.

The palace maids all agreed and said this. The nanny was taken aback, but after looking into the child's eyes and being surprised, she thought that maybe those words were true. Since everyone around her took it for granted without anyone raising objections, it must not be wrong.