7

PLEASE DO NOT VOTE !!!!!

**************************

Clatter, clatter. Crunch, scrape.

The sound of eating echoed loudly in the large hall. The dining room, which was only used by high-ranking nobles and guests, had a long dining table that could accommodate dozens of people. There were only two people sitting now, and only one of them was eating.

Melmond could only look at the luxurious food in front of him and couldn't touch it. Of course, it wasn't because he was touched by the treatment he received after 15 years of entering the palace. It was the opposite. The guide, the court attendant, disappeared, leaving only the two of them here, sneering. Well, they treated him like this, so he should be grateful and do well in the future as if telling him to do so.

He had thought that his pride had long disappeared while working in the palace, but apparently, it hadn't. Melmond glanced at his untouched food and looked up. Abel, sitting across from him, had emptied all the dishes and was staring intently at Melmond's food.

"Do you want to eat?"

"Oh, no. If you're not going to eat, should I bring it to master?"

Seeing Abel's giggling face, Melmond became annoyed again. That foolish boy. He doesn't even know he's being ignored. The problem started with him accepting Truyde's proposal without any hesitation.

"Do you even have any thoughts?"

"Yes?"

Abel carefully put the snacks in a handkerchief and blinked his eyes. Melmond barely held back a sigh and reproached him in a low voice.

"Truyde's proposal was for you to become the prince's Regas. Do you know how dangerous that is? No Regas has been able to stay by the prince's side for more than a week. I heard that the prince had already indulged in killing at the age of 8. Some even suspect that he has vocal cord problems because he has never spoken. And he's also not in his right mind, he rejects everyone who approaches him. How can you handle the prince, who can't even speak, within a month?"

Truyde asked him to become the prince's Regas and set a one-month deadline. If he doesn't achieve noticeable results within that time, he must withdraw. Even enduring for a month is uncertain, let alone achieving noticeable results. Melmond let out a sigh reluctantly.

"Sigh, if you fail, it won't just be your problem. Our faction, which has barely produced one or two Regas and continued our bloodline, will be responsible and may never be able to enter the palace again."

Melmond's face was filled with worry, but Abel just smiled faintly.

"But what the Duke said is right. If master wants to prevent the disaster he saw in his dream, there must be a proper Regas by the prince's side. And I think master would be happier than anyone else if it were me."

"You don't seriously believe that you're a proper Regas, do you?"

Although he knew it was a question he shouldn't ask, Melmond couldn't help it. If Abel didn't do well, the repercussions would reach him as well. It meant that his stable and peaceful life could come to an end. Whether Abel knew what was in Melmond's heart or not, he carefully tied the handkerchief containing the snacks and nodded his head.

"I believe. Because it's what my master thought of me."

"I will do well. Don't worry too much. The Duke has agreed to support everything you want. He also said he would grant my first request soon."

Melmond couldn't refute anymore when Abel said he was fine. He was honestly surprised when Abel said that Truyde would grant his first request.

When he was asked, "What do you want?"