Chapter 3 ~ Tainted Chances

Sam dropped the two of you off at your house.

"Thanks, Sam!" The two of you said. You ran inside with Emily. Britney tried to annoy you guys but you said "No" and slapped her forehead, pushing her backwards. You ran into your room and placed Emily's stack of records and your cassette tape on the floor. You grabbed the phone and dialed the radio station's number.

"It's ringing," you said with a smile. You were so excited. Seeing your all-time favourite band live would be far beyond an amazing experience. And meeting them in the flesh... just wow. How cool would that be? They seemed so nice!! You could get an autograph from all of them, and possibly exchange phone numbers....

"HELLO, CALLER NUMBER 126!"

You practically screamed. "Hi! I'm calling about the Metallica tickets and backstage passes you are giving away!"

"ALRIGHT! IF YOU CAN ANSWER THIS QUESTION CORRECTLY, WE WILL SEND THEM TO YOUR HOUSE FOR YOU AND ONE OTHER PERSON! OKAY! THE QUESTION IS: WHO WAS METALLICA'S VERY FIRST LEAD GUITAR PLAYER?!"

You were so pumped. "The answer is Dave Mustaine!"

"THAT'S CORRECT! CONGRATULATIONS! YOU AND ONE OTHER PERSON HAVE WON 2 TICKETS AND 2 BACKSTAGE PASSES TO SEE THE GREATEST HEAVY METAL BAND ALIVE, METALLICA! PLEASE LEAVE YOUR NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, ZIP CODE-" Suddenly, the connection broke. Britney scampered into the room. In her hand was a set of pliers. You were just about ready to throttle her. You were engulfed in rage.

"BRITNEY, YOU DUMBASS!!!" you

screamed. "WHY IN HELL WOULD YOU DO THAT??? I HAD A CHANCE OF SEEING METALLICA, AND NOW THAT CHANCE IS GONE BECAUSE OF YOU!!!"

Britney smirked. "You didn't let me play with you guys."

You sighed and closed your eyes. You turned to Emily, who was just as upset as you. "What the fuck are we going to do now? That little snot blew our chances of seeing Metallica." Britney stuck her tongue out and stomped out of your room. Emily pushed back her dirty blonde hair. "Well, we're going to see them no matter what. Just because this little incident happened, doesn't mean it's over."You itched the back of your neck. "Yeah, I just don't know what to do now."

"We'll figure something out."

You sighed and drowned yourself in your thoughts.
'No, Emily, I'm pretty sure it's over. Unless... unless we snuck in....'