Chapter 17

" Yaaaayy....."

A smile curved on both their lips as they watched Raunak's excitement but as soon as their eyes clashed, the smile lost it's shine.

"Popeye....I want to go in the water "

The demand was like a god send.

" Wait Champ..... don't go alone...."

Anu looked on as  Ridhaan rushed towards her son. She couldn't help reminiscing the past few days. After  her breakdown, Ridhaan had been treating her like a proceline doll. On one side if she was liking his care but on the other she hates that he is hiding his real feelings from her and that is scaring her to the core.

"Talk to him, Anu. You both can't go like these. Think about Raunak at least. It is high time that you BOTH overcome your fears "

Anu couldn't help reminiscing Priya's words. But as easy as said, it was that difficult to take that first step.

"Mamma.... look"

She was brought out from her thoughts by her son's excited scream. Anu looked on as Ridhaan lifted Raunak high up in the air and then brought him crashing onto the water imitating a water roller coaster. She could see the pure joy emanating from both of them . She wanted this.... this happiness....this bliss...this family.

Finally, recognising the truth behind Priya's words, she decided on her next step. Even though it scared her out of her wits, she acknowledged that she couldn't delay it much longer. After all her Ridhu deserves to know....at least the one she is willing to  share.

******
The smile refused to leave Ridhaan's lips even after the fact. He could feel the  stress and heartache of the past few days melting away with each second he spend with his Champ.

Thiugh difficult he decided that, he will not dwell on his past anymore and will accept the reality as it is.... He have his Ma, Champ and Anu in his life. It was his mistake to cross the line of their relationship and now.... never again.

Ridhaan was lost in these thoughts when a ping of a message brought his attention to the present.

"Waiting with your favorite cup of coffee in your favorite spot"

*******
She looked ethereal with the end of her saree floating around her. He just wanted to stand there looking at her forever....As he stood contemplating his actions, she turned and their eyes clashed.

There was a trepidation in both their eyes as never there was before. But realising that the matter cannot be left unaddressed, Ridhaan stepped  forward with a deep breathe.

"Ridhaan...I"

"First let me speak,Anu" Ridhaan interrupted before Anu could even get a word in.

Seeing his agitation,  Anu nodded him to go ahead.

"I am sorry,Anu, for all what I have knowingly and unknowingly said and done. It is not your fault that you don't have that kind of feelings for me . I misinterpreted everything and it is on me....me alone...But Anu,I can live without your love but not without you, so please don't cut yourself off from me again, I won't be able to bear it...please.."

"It is not I that distanced myself ....this time" Anu murmered for good measure.

Though soft, Ridhaan heard it.

" I know....I know....I am at fault but what to do yaar...your best friend is an idiot . Give him some slack....It took a while for him to control his erratic heart.... and now.... everything is under control.... I promise you I will always and always be your best friend... You will never have any cause to feel discomfort due to my feelings.... I need you more than my love"