Beat Me! Episode 34 The Battle with Viktor (2)

The fight had taken a grim turn. Ga Yoon, who had fought valiantly to protect me, lay on the ground, unconscious and vulnerable. The weight of our defeat settled heavily in the air, a crushing blow to our hopes.

Da Eun stood over him, a twisted smile stretching across his face. His eyes glinted with malevolent glee as he took Ga Yoon’s glasses, the delicate frames now in his hands. With an exaggerated flourish, Da Eun slipped the glasses onto his own face, and his laughter filled the room, a haunting sound that echoed off the walls.

He struck a mocking pose, adjusting the glasses and making a ridiculous impression of Ga Yoon. "Oh, look at me!" Da Eun mimicked in a high-pitched voice, his tone dripping with sarcasm. "I’m Ga Yoon, the ever-so-serious protector of the weak!"

His laughter rang out again, more cruel and mocking than before. The sight of him wearing Ga Yoon’s glasses, his expression a grotesque parody of my friend’s usual calm demeanor, made my blood boil with anger. I wanted to rush at him, to stop this torment, but my own strength was faltering.

Da Eun’s cruel game didn’t stop there. He turned to me, still grinning, and his eyes gleamed with a predatory light. "And here we are, Mad Dog," he said, his voice a cold sneer. "Looks like you and your little friends are no match for me after all. You thought you could stand against Viktor and me, but you were wrong."

My vision swam with a mix of rage and desperation. Ga Yoon was down, and I was barely able to stand. Da Eun had proven to be a formidable adversary, far beyond what I had anticipated. He moved closer, his smile widening as he took in my weakened state.

"You see," Da Eun continued, his voice dripping with venom, "I’m not just some petty thug. I’ve got a knack for making things interesting, and right now, this is my favorite game."

He crouched down beside Ga Yoon, his fingers lightly touching the unconscious form of my friend. "A real shame," he said, his tone almost pitying. "He put up a good fight, but in the end, it was all for nothing."

I clenched my fists, my knuckles white as I struggled to keep my composure. I couldn’t let Da Eun see how much his words were affecting me. If I showed any sign of weakness, it would only give him more power over me.

"Why are you doing this?" I managed to choke out, my voice strained with both anger and exhaustion. "What do you want from us?"

Da Eun’s smile turned into a smirk, his eyes narrowing. "Oh, it’s not what I want from you," he said softly. "It’s what Viktor wants. And Viktor, well, he has a very specific plan. You’re all just pawns in his game."

I gritted my teeth, trying to ignore the pain that shot through my head. "You won’t get away with this," I said, forcing my voice to remain steady. "We’ll find a way to stop you."

Da Eun chuckled, the sound both mocking and unsettling. "That’s the spirit," he said, his tone playful. "But for now, why don’t you just take a little rest? It’s been quite a night."

With that, Da Eun straightened up and took a step back, giving me a last, lingering look of amusement. His grin was wide, almost predatory, as he raised his bat with a lazy swing. My heart pounded in my chest, and my breath hitched in anticipation of the blow. I flinched and lowered my head, bracing myself for the impact.

But instead of striking me, Da Eun swung the bat downward with brutal force, hitting Ga Yoon. The sickening crack of the bat connecting with Ga Yoon’s body echoed through the room. My eyes widened in shock and horror, and I felt a surge of panic.

"Hey! Stop—" I shouted, my voice desperate as I tried to move towards Ga Yoon. But every time I attempted to intervene, Da Eun’s relentless strikes continued, each one landing with cruel precision. Ga Yoon lay there, helpless, and every hit seemed to cut through me like a knife.