Beat Me! Episode 61

My vision darkened, and the world slipped away as the bat connected with my head. Great, how lovely. The last thing I felt was a throbbing pain before everything went black.

When I woke up, I was disoriented, struggling to sit up. My surroundings came into focus—my small room in the boarding house. The dim light filtering through the window revealed the familiar yet unsettling sight of my friends sprawled on the floor, unconscious. Everyone was here, including Miss Kemuri. How had we all survived? They could have easily taken us, but here we were, alive.

I clenched my fists, a mix of frustration and confusion bubbling inside me. I heard tiny whimpers from the corner of the room and turned to see Iseul. She was huddled in a corner, visibly distressed. My heart sank. "Iseul..." I whispered, approaching her cautiously.

She looked up at me with tear-filled eyes. "Big sis... It hurts..." Her voice was a soft, broken cry that cut through me like a knife.

My eyes widened in horror. Wooseok was sitting beside her, trying to offer comfort. His gaze met mine, and he stood up, his expression a mix of relief and concern. "Ri-An... You’re awake..."

I clenched my fists, trying to keep my composure. "Wooseok... she’s..." My voice faltered.

"I know," Wooseok said, looking down, unable to meet my eyes.

"How?" I asked, my voice trembling with anger and helplessness. "What if they...?"

"They posted it on a dump account," Wooseok said, his voice heavy with worry. "You know how things can spiral. Iseul... she’s only twelve."

I could barely contain the rage building inside me. I huffed, feeling a mix of pain and determination. I pulled out my mask and slipped it on, the familiar fabric grounding me. "Please, look out for everyone for me," I said, my voice steady despite the turmoil within.

"Ri-An, you just passed out!" Wooseok said, pulling my wrist as if trying to keep me from leaving. "You need to rest."

"Wooseok..." I slowly removed his hand from my wrist, my resolve unshaken. "I need to do this. Thanks for caring, though."

His eyes softened, but there was a trace of worry in his voice. "Ri-An... Be careful."

"I will," I said with a determined smile, the gravity of the situation driving me forward. I turned and ran outside, pulling my hood over my head to conceal my identity. The city was waking up around me, and with each step, my resolve hardened.

"I will keep coming back," I vowed silently, "until my last breath."

The streets felt colder and more hostile than ever as I moved swiftly through them, my mind focused on the vengeance I was about to unleash. I couldn’t let them get away with what they had done, not to Iseul, not to anyone. Every step I took was driven by the need for justice, and I wouldn’t rest until those responsible were held accountable.

With a deep breath, I disappeared into the shadows, ready to confront the darkness that lay ahead.

I wanted answers about how we were still alive, but right now, there was something more important—revenge. My blood boiled with every thought of Iseul, and my mind was consumed by what needed to be done.

I made my way back to the club. As I approached, the bouncers outside stiffened, their eyes narrowing as they recognized me.

“Mad... Dog?” one of them muttered, his voice laced with uncertainty.

"Let me in, fucker," I snapped, my voice cutting through the night air with a sharp edge. I didn’t have time for their fear or hesitation. Without waiting for a response, I shoved them aside, storming through the entrance.