~14~

I knocked on Antonio's office door, hearing his gruff voice call me in

I knocked on Antonio's office door, hearing his gruff voice call me in. This is odd, I thought looking down at the slip of paper in my hand. Written down were instructions to come back here tomorrow night. But it's Sunday?  "Uh sir?" I start, peaking my head in the room just a bit. "What's this?"

"What does it look like? It's written in plain English" His tone was cold and sharp, eyes glaring daggers at me over the top of his computer. He was clearly upset with me, and he's been like this for two days now. I don't get what for or why he won't just come out and say it.

"I see that but..." I stuttered as I began to protest, but I realize it'll get me nowhere right now. "Never mind. I'll see you tomorrow sir." My voice was flat as I turned to leave, still gripping the piece of paper in hand. The odds of him finding out what I had done were higher than I'd like to admit, and I grow concerned.

Thoughts start to cloud my head until Al's voice pulls me out of it. "Ready to go darling?" He asked, standing from his spot at the bar. His attire was different from his usual blood red button up and slacks. This time he wore a black turtleneck with the sleeves rolled up his forearm. Black dress pants and silvery belt to hold them up. Instead of his glasses, he wore a monocle to top the look off. I would've asked what he got so dressed up for before we left, but as one can imagine, I found myself stuck in awe at his appearance like now.

"Mhm" I hummed in response, still eyeing his figure. Respectfully of course. He chuckled as he took my hand, "We have quite the night ahead of us!" My brow raised in curiosity. What else could he have planned and its almost midnight already. "How so?"

"Well, my dear! The annual rankings for local radio stations have just been posted, and guess who's at the top of that list!" He beamed with excitement and a proud smile. I couldn't help but to be overjoyed with him. "Really! That's amazing Al!" "And tis is why we'll be spending the night on the town! A celebration of the sorts."

He wrapped his arms around my shoulder as he continued to walk and talk, "And this could be the opportunity to show you more of this magnificent town. Break you out of the shell that is your everyday routine, and go visit one of the nicer bars, hm." He smiled down at me, a soft look in his eyes as he traced over my features. Streetlights reflected off his light brown skin, giving it a soft glow to compliment his own looks.

If only I could kiss those lips. Just as my gaze dropped down to them, he turned away, opening a door for me. Inside was a very, very luxurious setting. Similar in set up to my own workplace, but far vaster in size. A grand staircase leading down to the tables, that were covered is satin cloths, were placed neatly around the main floor. Off to the far right, a fully decorated bar counter. Beautiful chandeliers hanging over each stool. Bottles of alcohol lined the entire wall with a soft glow coming from behind the shelves.