Prologue

The moon hung low in the night sky, bathing the Irish countryside in an ethereal glow. A young girl with semi-wavy chocolate brown hair, pearl white skin and greenish gray eyes, walked silently through the wildlands. Her family dog trotting faithfully by her side. The tranquility of the evening was a familiar comfort, the rustle of leaves and the soft pad of her footsteps echoing through the stillness.
Unbeknownst to the girl, whose name is Amara, she was not alone in the darkness. A shadowy figure watched her from a distance, his keen gaze tracking her every move.

As Amara continued her nightly stroll, the man couldn't help but notice her ease in the darkness, her steps sure and confident. Intrigued, he followed her, careful to remain unseen as he gathered more information about this mysterious girl.

At some point, Amara's family dog, a white Swiss shepherd named Gealach, sensed that someone was following them. 
Gealach's ears perked up and a low growl rumbled in his throat. Amara paused, sensing her faithful companion's unease.
"What is it, boy?" she whispered, her gaze scanning the shadows.
Though she saw nothing, the feeling of being watched sent chills down her spine. She tightened her grip on Gealach's leash and picked up her pace, eager to return to the safety of her home.

The man, noticing the change in Amara's demeanor, slipped deeper into the shadows. He couldn't risk being discovered, not yet. His curiosity, however, was piqued even further by the girl's apparent intuition.

As Amara hurried along the moonlit path, Gealach's growls grew louder. Suddenly, the dog lunged forward, barking ferociously at a spot just beyond the tree line.
Amara stumbled as Gealach pulled on the leash, straining to reach whatever had caught his attention. She regained her balance and shone the flashlight of her phone in the direction of the dog's gaze, but saw only darkness.
"Settle down, Gealach," she murmured, trying to calm the agitated dog. "There's nothing there."
Despite her words, Amara couldn't shake the feeling that they were not alone. She tugged on the leash, urging Gealach to continue their journey home.

The man watched the scene unfold with a smirk, amused by the girl's attempt to soothe her dog. He knew better, of course. The animal had sensed his presence, but he was confident that he remained undetected.

As Amara and Gealach disappeared into the night, the man stepped from the shadows, his mind already whirling with plans to bring this intriguing girl to his homeland. He had a feeling that she was the key to everything he had been searching for.