Arrival

"So," Hermione began, breaking the silence that had settled over them, "I suppose we should talk about it."

"Talk about what?" Ron asked, though his tone made it clear he knew exactly what she meant.

"The Death Eaters, the Dark Mark... everything that happened at the World Cup," Hermione replied, her brow furrowed with concern.

"Yeah, it was mental," Ron said, shaking his head. "I mean, the World Cup was brilliant—until it wasn't."

"It was more than just mental," Hermione said, her voice a touch more severe. "It was dangerous. People could have died."

"And for what?" Elena added, her tone thoughtful. "To scare people? To remind everyone that they're still out there?"

"Exactly," Hermione agreed, nodding. "And it worked. I mean, just look at the papers. Everyone's on edge. And then there's... well, what you saw, Harry."

The mention of his dream brought a heavy silence to the compartment. Harry had told them about it after they returned from the World Cup, the vivid nightmare where he'd seen Voldemort, Wormtail, and another wizard he didn't recognize, plotting something dark. It had felt so real, so much more than just a dream.

"I don't know what it means," Harry admitted quietly. "But it felt... different. Like it was actually happening."

"You think You-Know-Who's really back, then?" Ron asked, his voice low and uneasy.

Harry shrugged, staring down at his hands. "I don't know. But it's like... he's closer. Like he's getting stronger."

Elena shifted in her seat, leaning forward slightly as she spoke. "Whatever it is, Harry, you don't have to face it alone"

"She's right," Hermione said firmly, giving Harry a supportive smile. "Your not in this by yourself harry it's much bigger than that"

"Yeah" Ron nodded in agreement  "No offence but you need us mate, lets be honest none of us would've lasted a day without Hermione" He continued as Hermione smiled slightly, her face going pink at the compliment.

The compartment door slid open suddenly, and Harry's heart gave a little jolt as Cho Chang peeked in. Her dark hair was pulled back in a neat ponytail, and her brown eyes sparkled as she smiled at him.

"Hi, Harry," she said, her voice as sweet as he remembered.

"Oh, hi, Cho," Harry replied, trying to sound casual but failing as his voice cracked slightly.

Cho's smile widened a little at his awkwardness, and Harry felt his face grow warm. "Mind if I sit with you for a bit?" she asked, glancing around the compartment.

"Yeah, sure! I mean, no, we don't mind," Harry stammered, earning an amused look from Ron and a knowing smile from Hermione.

As Cho sat down beside him, Elena's expression remained neutral, but Harry noticed the slight tightening of her lips as she looked out the window again. It was so subtle that anyone who didn't know her well might have missed it. But Harry did know her, and he felt a pang of guilt for how his attention had immediately shifted when Cho entered the compartment.

"How was your summer?" Cho asked, her attention focused on Harry.

"It was... eventful," Harry said, choosing his words carefully. "We were at the Quidditch World Cup."

"I heard about that," Cho said, her expression becoming more serious. "It must have been terrifying, what happened afterward."

"It was," Harry admitted, glancing at his friends for support. "But we're all okay."