Dragons

The sky above Hogwarts was a brilliant shade of blue, with fluffy white clouds drifting lazily across it. The sun hung high, casting a golden glow over the grounds as Elena, Hermione, and Ron made their way down the grassy slope toward the lake. The day was warm, with just the slightest breeze stirring the air, and despite the tension simmering between their trio, the peacefulness of the setting brought a sense of calm.

Well, almost.

Ron, who had been silent for most of the walk, suddenly cleared his throat and turned to Elena, his expression begrudging. "Hey, Elena, can you... can you pass on a message to Harry for me?"

Elena arched an eyebrow, turning her head slightly to give him an incredulous look. "Pass on a message? Really, Ron? Why don't you just talk to him yourself?"

Ron's face flushed a little, but he kept his voice steady, though there was a hint of defensiveness. "I just thought—well, you're talking to him, aren't you? It'd be easier."

Elena rolled her eyes, stopping in her tracks to face Ron fully. "You're being ridiculous, Ron. I'm not getting in the middle of this idiocy. If you have something to say to Harry, then say it to him yourself."

Ron scowled, his ears turning red in frustration. "Fine, whatever," he muttered, kicking at a loose pebble on the ground. The tension between them hung in the air, thick and uncomfortable.

Hermione, who had been quietly observing the exchange, sighed and shook her head. She knew the standoff between Ron and Harry was getting out of hand, and she had been trying to stay out of it as much as possible. But with both boys being so stubborn, someone had to be the voice of reason—or at least, the voice of reluctant mediation.

"Alright, alright," Hermione said, stepping forward as if to defuse the situation. "I'll tell him, Ron. But this is the last time I'm doing this. You need to sort things out with Harry yourself."

Ron mumbled something that sounded like agreement, though his expression didn't soften.

As they approached the lake, the shimmering water reflecting the bright afternoon sun, they spotted Harry sitting under a large oak tree, his back resting against the trunk. He was engrossed in something—probably a letter or a piece of parchment—his brow furrowed in concentration.

Elena felt a pang in her chest seeing him like that, so isolated. She hated this rift that had formed between him and Ron. It seemed that everything was so much more complicated this year—feelings, friendships, the ever-present danger. She was tired of it all but knew she couldn't just walk away from any of it. Not from Harry.

Without thinking much of it, Elena walked ahead and made her way to Harry, who didn't seem to notice her at first. She plopped down next to him, her shoulder brushing against his arm. Harry looked up, surprised, but when he saw Elena's familiar face, he smiled—a small, tired smile that made Elena's heart twist.

"Hey," Harry said softly, folding the parchment he had been reading and tucking it into his pocket.

"Hey," Elena replied, matching his tone. She didn't say anything more, simply enjoying the quiet company they shared. Sometimes, words weren't necessary between them, and she was grateful for that.

Hermione, however, had a task to do. She marched up to Harry, her expression determined, but with a hint of reluctance as well. She was clearly irritated by the whole situation and who could blame her?

"Harry," Hermione began, her voice strained with the effort of maintaining neutrality. "Ronald would like me to tell you that Seamus told him that Dean was told by Parvati that Hagrid is looking for you."

Harry blinked at her, his face a mixture of confusion and irritation. "What?"

Hermione huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. "I said, Ronald would like me to tell you that Seamus told him that Dean was told by Parvati that Hagrid is looking for you."