𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨 | just hold me 'til sunrise

a/n: heads up,  this chapter turns into smut about halfway through and i went ahead and underlined the first line in case you want to skip it. needless to say, blood is involved in this whole chapter so...yeah.

* * *

A weirdly comfortable silence surrounds you as you make your way out of the car and into her apartment. You've known Kate for a while and you've always felt safe around her, something that not even those sharp fangs can take away.

Especially when she places a strong hand on the small of your back while she leads the way.

For someone who's richer than most people will ever be in their whole life, her apartment isn't extremely lavish or full of ridiculous decorations. It could even be considered minimalistic if it weren't for the numerous bows scattered all over the living room, the chewed-up boots near Lucky's dog bed, and the overwhelming amount of clothes piled up on the couch.

"Sorry, I don't usually have people over," she says almost as if reading your mind. "I'm not usually so messy."

"You and I both know that's a lie, Katherine."

She makes a disgusted face at the sound of her full name, her expression somewhere between adorable and amusing. "You didn't have to say it like that."

You're about to make another stupid comment when your brain short circuits at the sight of Kate unbuttoning her shirt, the black tank top she always wears underneath straining against her torso and all the muscles you know are hiding out of sight.

The corners of her mouth quirk up just enough to give away the fact that she knows exactly what she's doing and she's one-hundred percent doing it on purpose. You're just grateful she doesn't verbalize how obvious your breathlessness is.

You attempt to look away from her but she moves her arm just enough for you to notice the dark stain on her shirt. It takes you a second to figure out what it's from and you mentally curse the brunette for not telling you she had gotten hurt.

"Kate," you call out once you find your voice again. "You're bleeding."

"What?" She looks down at her side, clearly pretending she hadn't noticed the wound yet, before shrugging her shoulders. "Oh, yeah, it's fine."

"Fine? Why didn't you tell me you got stabbed?"

"It's just a scratch."

She tries to wave you off but it's too late. You're already gripping her shoulder and pushing her down onto her overpriced leather couch. "You're an idiot. Sit down."

She grumbles something about being able to take care of herself but you don't listen to a word she says. Instead, your hands reach out for the first-aid kit she keeps on her coffee table.

"Take your shirt off."

"y/n, if you wanted to see me naked, all you had to do was ask, baby." Her voice carries that cocky tone that makes you want to punch her and kiss her at the same time.

"Shut up," you mutter while attempting to look unaffected.

There are too many thoughts swirling around your brain and most of them have to do with Kate doing some very inappropriate things to you, with or without her fangs. The truth is, you can act like you're only attracted to the danger that could potentially come your way now that you know her secret but she's always been far too good at scrambling your brain with a few well-placed words.

She finally does what you ask, pushing her shirt off her shoulders and lifting up her tank top, revealing inches of skin you've never seen from such close proximity before. You're able to pass off your clear ogling as nothing more than concern as you step closer to examine the small knife wound.