Chapter 6: Meeting Sakurajima Mai

Many humans in this world might be aware of the existence of Devils.

With a shrug, Badr decided not to dwell on it. He smiled professionally and began handing out flyers on the street.

"Please take a look at our latest fortune-telling and wish-granting event."

"Excuse me, this is our latest fortune-telling and wish-granting event. Please take a moment to learn about it."

"Hello... Please have a look..."

"..."

Badr had also handed out flyers in his previous life, and the work felt no different now.

Most people would wave their hands in disinterest, some wouldn't even bother to take a flyer, and only a few would reluctantly accept one out of politeness.

Badr knew those people would likely throw the flyer away without looking at it. Only a handful might be curious enough to stop and chat for a moment.

Nonetheless, Badr distributed most of his flyers after several hours of effort.

Great, just a few more to go, and the job will be done.

As he thought this, he saw a beautiful figure approaching. He quickly put on a practised smile and stepped forward.

"Hello... Our club's latest fortune-telling and wish-granting event. Would you like to learn more?"

The girl in front of him seemed a bit surprised.

"Surprising, you can see me..."

Badr looked slightly confused, tilting his head at the girl before him. "...??"

...

Badr didn't quite understand what the girl meant by her words.

What did she mean by saying he could still see her?

He took a closer look at the girl. Although wearing a regular high school uniform, she gave off the impression of a mature beauty with a hint of laziness.

Her slender limbs were perfectly proportioned, like a model from a display window, meticulously crafted to the finest proportions.

Her eyes were deep, and her face was minor yet severe, giving her an air of authority and a mature woman's charm.

"What do you mean by 'you can still see me'?" Badr asked curiously.

The girl responded calmly, "Just as it sounds."

"...I see you clearly," Badr replied, though he was puzzled.

Could she be a ghost? Was it because he was now a Devil that he could see her?

Rias and the others didn't mention the existence of beautiful ghosts in this world...

"Are you saying that others can't see you?"

Badr grew more cautious, given the strange events he had encountered recently.

"Although I don't want to admit it, that's true. It doesn't have a major impact but is quite bothersome."

The girl spoke calmly, her expression unchanged.

Hearing this, Badr felt a bit relieved. The girl didn't seem threatening.

At least Badr didn't sense any hostility from her; otherwise, his Devil instincts would have been triggered.

"Then take a look at our fortune-telling and wish-granting event. Perhaps one of your wishes could come true."

Realizing that this girl could be an ideal contract target, Badr quickly extended an invitation.

However, Badr couldn't shake the feeling that she looked familiar.