Chapter 10: A Star's Burden

Physically, he was exceptionally handsome. After a lengthy conversation, he successfully shattered the ordinary impression she had of Badr from their first meeting yesterday.

From the moment he appeared, he always acted very reserved. Considering his identity, this indeed gave him a special aura of mystery.

He seemed concerned about signing the contract, so he patiently explained it to her. However, if she didn't ask any questions, he didn't talk much, which indicated a somewhat solitary personality.

At least Mai Sakurajima could confirm that Badr would not harm her.

Otherwise, with Badr's abilities, he wouldn't need to spend so much time talking to a woman like her.

"I need time to think about this," Mai Sakurajima said quietly.

"Of course," Badr nodded. A little patience was needed.

Mai was quite satisfied with Badr's attitude.

Since this strange condition had appeared, she hadn't had a real conversation with anyone. Now, she finally felt slightly human again, instead of a ghost.

Even if the person she was talking to claimed to be a devil...

She became a bit more polite.

"Would you like some water?"

"Thanks, but I have my own," Badr replied.

Mai Sakurajima: "...?"

They fell silent; the atmosphere became uncomfortable.

Badr: "... Just trying to lighten the mood."

"Thanks for successfully making it colder," Mai Sakurajima remarked expressionlessly.

Badr just smiled faintly, not bothered by her sarcasm.

After all... the incident of him seeing her naked was finally behind them. As long as they pretended it never happened, it would be fine.

...

Aside from the surprising incident of a Devil barging into the bathroom, Badr and Mai Sakurajima's meeting process was quite normal...

To Mai Sakurajima, Badr didn't seem like the kind of Devil she had imagined.

He wasn't as terrifying as she thought nor as cruel and heartless. If you ignored his demonic wings and magical powers, he seemed no different from an ordinary human.

Mai Sakurajima didn't know that just a few days ago, Badr was an ordinary human...

"How about telling me your story first?" Badr started the conversation.

"To solve the problem, we need to understand the core, right?"

Mai Sakurajima remained silent for two seconds. Her expression showed reluctance, but she knew she couldn't avoid it any longer. So, she tried to think of Badr as a listener and shared her thoughts.

"I started my career in the entertainment industry when I was six years old. After starring in a morning drama, I've been on television, in movies, and commercials, always in the public eye. Wherever I went, people would talk about "that Mai Sakurajima." Eventually, I started wishing for a world where no one knew who I was."

Hearing this, Badr frowned slightly.

So, this situation was the result of Mai Sakurajima's wish?

"So now your wish has come true."

Sitting on the sofa with his arms crossed, Badr summarized.

"Yes, but the way it came true is a bit unconventional. It's not that people don't know me; they can't see me.