Chapter 27: When Tears Turn to Hope

Seeing Asia's troubled expression, Badr spoke quietly:

"Asia, you have no other options. Haven't you realized the true intentions of these Fallen Angels?"

Badr had no good feelings towards the Fallen Angels.

Even though Rias had explained that there were good Fallen Angels, unfortunately, Badr hadn't met any of them yet. Instead, he had encountered many who did nothing but cause trouble.

Maybe his persuasion worked, or maybe the harsh reality hit her, but Asia replied weakly:

"I-I understand... I trust Badr-san won't deceive me... You are a good person."

Badr: "..."

...Please don't give me the "good person" card right now.

Seeing that Asia finally agreed, Rias, who had been cold before, now smiled warmly:

"That's great! We welcome you, Asia. But first, you should take off that nun's outfit filled with holy energy. It makes the devils uncomfortable. Sorry, Asia-chan..."

Without waiting for Asia's consent, Rias waved her hand and with a surge of magic, Asia's nun outfit tore apart and fell off...

Asia was stunned for a moment, then crouched down in shame and panic, crying softly:

"Ah! Badr-san... d-don't look..."

Badr: "..."

I don't look away.

...

Is there really no need to block the bathroom?

Under the cover of night, Badr and Koneko buried the human client who had been killed by a stray exorcist.

This work could have been delegated to subordinates or familiars, but Koneko insisted on doing it herself, so Badr accompanied her.

"That guy's definitely coming back."

Badr looked at the makeshift grave with a heavy expression.

As devils, they weren't afraid of the Stray Exorcist, but their clients were ordinary humans. How could they stand a chance against such threats?

"It's my fault for not responding to her summons in time. Otherwise, she might not have died," Koneko said, feeling depressed and guilty.

"It's not your fault."

Seeing Koneko's dejection, Badr patted her shoulder to comfort her.

"The next time we meet this guy, we won't let him get away."

Badr spoke softly, determined to be more careful and ready to defeat him next time.

"Please call me when that happens," Koneko said seriously.

"Yes, I will."

Badr replied calmly, sensing Koneko's determination.

Not far away, Rias performed Asia's reincarnation ceremony.

She gave Asia the Bishop piece.

The piece integrated into Asia's body as Rias finished the incantation.

This marked the addition of a new companion to their group.

Badr and Koneko returned to find Asia adjusting to her new form, now wearing the Kuoh Academy uniform made of magical energy.

"Asia, how do you feel?"

"I feel light... Am I really a devil now?" Asia asked nervously.

"Ah, it's normal to feel a little uncomfortable at first," Akeno said, looking at Badr. "Now you're a senior devil, so take care of your juniors."