A normal day

Morishige finally saw hope coming his way. He could save Mayu and atone for what he did. Morishige smiled as he got ready for school. He was going to make Mayu's last day of school count. I can't believe she has to move away... Morishige sighed as he walked down the stairs. His parents seemed to be already gone. Morishige's house was empty. Also... Shinozaki will probably bring in that charm.. How will I get to protect her if we fail that charm like last time? The boy opened the door and walked out. He slipped his hands in his pockets and walked to Mayu's house. "I shouldn't let her see the stone, I guess."
Everyday Mayu and Morishige walk to school together. They've been doing it since they were little. Today is the last day they walk together. A few minutes later, he arrived at her doorstep and knocked at the door. A moment later Mayu in her cheery self opened the door. "Moriiiiing Shige-Nii~"
"Hey Suzume." Morshige made a small smile while Mayu locked the door.

"Shige?" Mayu tilted her head a bit. "You okay?"
Damn. "I'm fine. Just a nightmare." The boy lied. He realized it would be painful for both if Mayu found out what happened. He couldn't bring himself to say anything. "About what?" "O-Oh.. I think it was about you leaving." Morshige smiled. "But I'll still visit you many times at your new house." Mayu giggled and latched on his arm. "Yes you will!" A moment later they were on their way to school.

***

About 20 minutes later Mayu sighed. "You know... I'll still miss you. I feel you will forget me."
"I-I wont! I'll visit you every weekend if you want! We know your dad can't help moving because of his job!" Morshige told her. "I-I know... I just wanted to say something before I leave.." Mayu's face blushed up as she looked at him. "Tell me it now if you want." Morishige smiled. "I won't judge you or what you say. You know that..." Mayu relaxed a bit. "I-I love-"

They were both interrupted by a certain blonde haired boy in the middle of them, his hands on each of their shoulders. "Just. Kiss. Already. We all know you guys are dating. Secretly.."
"Oh shut up Kishinuma! It's not like you're going to get Shinozaki anytime soon." Morishige growled and swatted him away. "Hey Kishunuma-Kun." Mayu giggled. "Err.... Hey Suzumoto." Yoshiki gave a small wave to the girl and ran off.
"Idiot.." Morishige mumbled. Completely ruined my mood..
"Hehe don't be so cold Shige-Nii~" Morishige paused, then the two students both giggled before entering the school grounds.

***

Class was normal that day. After school was the annual cultural festival. Everyone attempted to make it the best one yet for Mayu. Everyone was in kimonos, helping out and eating foreign foods. There were many activities and everyone was giggling. In no time the cultural festival was over. While the seven students were finishing cleaning up, it started to rain hard.

"Everyone sit down.." Ayumi Shinozaki giggled wickedly. Everyone did as she said. Class rep lit a candle and sat down in front of it. "There used to be a school in the place of Kisaragi academy... Heavenly host!" Thunder roared after she said it and everyone gasped. Mayu's grip to his arm tightened. The only one who didn't have a reaction was Morishige. The boy remembered exactly what Ayumi said. A nurse about 50 years ago or so slipped down some stairs. She broke her neck and apparently roams the school for victims. Something like that.. Morishige didn't care too much about the story. He worried if everyone would do the charm again.

Most likely. The boy sighed. How can I stop them from doing that? How..? Morishige must have been thinking for a few minutes because the power shut off and Ms.Yui scared Satoshi. Everyone stood up and was greeted by Yuka Mochida. "Here onii-chan." The girl smiled as she handed her big brother an umbrella. "Okaay everyone. Time to go.." Ms Yui said sadly. Mayu teared up. "I'll miss you all... Thank you class rep."
"I know it's hard moving Suzume." Naomi Nakashima said. "Mayu... We can all still see you. We're going to be friends forever.. All of us." Morishige patted Mayu's head. "T-Thank you everyone." Mayu smiled and wiped her face away from a few tears.
Ayumi clapped her hands together. "Okay!" She pulled out a paper doll charm from her pocket. "This is the Sachiko doll! By saying 'Sachiko we beg of you' in your head then pulling it together, we'll be friends forever! Just don't lose your scrap." She glanced at Ms. Yui and the teacher nodded back, as if approving everyone can do it quickly.
"Sounds shady.." Yoshiki muttered. Everyone acted like this was the first time seeing this. They didn't know what damage will happen if they did this charm. Satoshi was acting weird. "I-I don't think w-we should do this... I have a bad feeling..." Satoshi said in a worried tone. Yoshiki punched him in the arm. "Oh don't be such a baby!"

Morishige didn't say anything as everyone gathered and all held the paper scrap. "Hold on it tight. Make sure you don't lose it! Now everyone say 'Sachiko we beg of you' in your head. If you make a mistake, don't stop. Okay? 3....2.....1..."

'Sachiko we beg of you'

Everyone teared the Sachiko paper doll. Mayu put her scrap close to her and smiled. "Thank you...everyone." Everyone huddled around Mayu, giving her hugs and telling her it was okay. The class started to shake violently. "E-Earthquake!!" Everyone screamed. Ms. Yui pointed everyone to the desks. "EVERYONE UNDER!" Everyone tried to move in response but the floor cracked open, letting everyone fall into the darkness. Morishige grabbed Mayu close to him as they both fell.

***

Mayu woke up on the ground in an unknown classroom. She pulled herself up. "Shige-nii? She scanned herself for any signs of life. Mostly any signs for Morishige. She walked around the classroom to see if he was lying around anywhere. What is this place...? It looks like an elementary school! Wait... I do remember class four hosting a haunted house.. Mayu heard some footsteps behind her. She turned around. "Mayu! There you are!"
"Shige-Nii!"