Chapter 24: I Take a Crash Course in the Secret Clubroom

My eyes wandered around the Hiwaga Club's clubroom. I couldn't believe I was able to find and step into the elusive place. Most people had no idea that an incredible space like this existed behind those old bookshelves. It had been there the entire time, just silently waiting to be discovered.

"You can take a seat while I'm setting it up here. Get yourself comfortable." Mayari offered, gesturing to the student's desk at my back. She was standing behind the teacher's desk in front of me, focusing on whatever she was doing on the top of the table.

I took the desk before her and cluelessly watched her strangely punching and tapping on a blank tabletop. It was a strange-looking teacher's desk, different from what we usually have in our classroom. It was made of metallic components from the lower part and glass on the entire top surface. Earlier, Mayari pressed something underneath the table, and it turned into a giant touch screen or computer keyboard of some sort. I didn't even bother getting surprised anymore. It's been a while since I decided to abandon common sense and just go along with things without being too logical about it. And this was what I'd been waiting for since the moment I woke up from that comma — finding someone who could provide sensible answers to all my irrational questions. So, I needed to be prepared for whatever waiting for me.

After a couple more taps on the teacher's desk or glass keyboard before her, the whiteboard behind Mayari lit up and turned into a giant computer monitor. I didn't follow the latest technological trends in the market, but I knew this was some high-level kind of modern advancement that was yet to be made available to usual consumers. I calmed myself down and waited a bit more before barraging the girl in front of me with my long list of inquiries.

Suddenly, an image was displayed on the whiteboard or giant monitor before me. It was a diagram consisting of eight bubbles with words inside and a couple of arrows pointing down, connecting the bubbles to each other. It resembled an image of two diamonds stacked together.