-Chapter 11: Water Fowl-

You guys are gonna kill me but, Corey lore <3

Tw: blood, attempted murder, Corey's parents.

Don't enjoy this chapter /hj

Did change some things, they haven't met Marcy or Anne yet.
———

Camping trips were always nice even in their current state of giant scars and cuts. Corey always found them better when Daniel was around, but sadly she's missing now.

Corey was old enough to have her own tent, which they rejoiced. Though this trip was one that made them hate camping.

They sighed as they set up their tent, ears flicking and mind racing.

Night time rolled around and nothing was able to let them fall asleep, their mind was loud and their parents arguing was louder. Why haven't they gotten a divorce yet? Corey signed again before laying their head down on the pillow again.

They smelt smoke but it was from the cigarettes and vapes that were used near them, burning a way into their lungs as they tried to breath.

Their phone was at 37% so they had to use it sparingly or else it will die and their only source of comfort would be gone. Most of their items had been discarded or burned leaving them with their bed, desk and phone.

This was better than the lack of privacy at home, they were always anxious that someone would walk in mid change. It made them sick knowing that their parents gave no shit.

The day came quick, they yawned. Only have 4 hours of sleep really fucks with you but they were more than used to it.

"Jocelyn put the fire out or I'm throwing hot coals at you" Susan barked orders at Corey.

Right, this was a camping trip with her parents. They knew this would happen eventually.

They grabbed a bucket and went down to the lake, their body felt weak from just waking up so everything felt heavier.

"You like swimming right? The you should like this long swim" Corey's dad came from behind, pushing the young child into the water and throwing a couple of rocks at them.

Blood filled the water as panicked bubbles cascade on the surface of the lake.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

Their eyes struggled to see as the harsh lake water was too much, their breathing started hitching and then everything went black.

Strained coughs came from the weak form of Corey as they washed up on the other side of the camp.

"Mom! Dad! She needs help!" A young girl with black hair and a green hairpin spoke.

Her parents came down to the shore to see the snow haired kid.

"How did she get here?" a female voice spoke.

"Washed up some how? Cant swim I'm guessing" Another voice pitched in, this time being a male voice.

"None the less, we need to help her!" The girl spoke again, her gaze staying on the rabbit.

Corey felt arms wrap around them, instead of the cold feeling they get from being dragged by their parents, it was a calm and warm feeling this time.

"Poor thing, let's get you patched up" The woman spoke, her voice soft. It was refreshing to hear voices that weren't her parents.

—-

They woke up on a soft bed inside of a cabin, her wet and cold clothes were now warm and dry from the fire, they sit up seeing a calm haze around the room.

"Hi! What's your name?" The young girl jumped up.

"Corey." They spoke nervously.

"I'm Marcy! Do you like Demon slayer? Board games? Vagabondia Chronicles???? LEGEND OF ZELDA???????" Marcy spoke in a cheerful tone.

"I used to , before most of those things got taken away..." Corey sighed.

"I can lend you my switch and a copy of you want!" She smiled before giving Corey some Sprite.

Corey blushed a bit, this act of kindness melted their heart. This girl was so sweet and it was great to be around someone like this that had the same interests and a nice personality.

Though they knew soon they would have to go back to the hell hole of their home. So they savored this moment.
—————————

Shitty chapter but it's because writers block is kicking my ass.

And if your wondering why there's a skipping of 10? I have yet to finish chapter 10 so bare with be people.

Anygays.

Love y'all /platonic

*Turns to sand*