HER

"Naina"

The shrill scream from my professor pulled me out of my day dream. Yes I am a dreamer , for it takes me away from this chaotic scene which is a "to do" thing of this professor. 

"I must say Naina , you are the most dull student I have ever come across in my whole life as a professor. How come you never join the class room discussions ,girl?"

The classroom roared with laughter. My bench mate (i don't like giving the title of "friend" just to anyone and everyone ) looked at me with sympathy and held my hands to give me support.

Its not that I am not studious enough or I don't study . I am one of the toppers of my batch and let me tell you some of the laughter today were from the persons envious of me. Childish. 

But one cannot corelate intelligence with confidence. Yes , I am a very shy , introverted and someone with terrible stage fright. Bad combination, I know. Moreover , i believe more in listening than talking (academically).

So coming back to the topic , I saw everyone's attention on me and i broke in cold sweat. This is not the first time , Mrs. Nita had pointed me out like this in front of the whole class and I genuinely try to understand that she is doing this for my own benefit , but the fact that i hate this much attention makes me want to hurl unfiltered swear words at her. Maybe telling an already shy person that they are shy in front of everyone is not the exact way to turn them into extroverts. 

"I was hearing everyone's opinion mam" 

"Yeah , just like always" she taunted me .

Before , I could have done the formality of  " sorry mam , i would take care of this matter" , the bell rang and saved me from the useless words I would have spewn right now. 

Actually , I have not always been like this. But this class , these classmates  , for some reason don't suit me. So much that I prefer being alone with my earpods than sharing spicy gossip with them. Since i don't have a fine tuning with them , working with them also becomes hard and therefore taking part in the discussions too. But explaining these things would only make the matter worse and so I believe in minding my own business.

I came out of my reverie and moved towards the parking lot where my car was parked. Actually , my dad's car. It had to be given for servicing today and therefore I decided to take it with myself and then give it up for the servicing. Easy Peasy.

I had almost reached the servicing center when Shravya , my bestfriend called me . Since I was not in a hurry , I decided to attend the call . But there was network issue in my car so I had to move out to a distance to talk to Shravya.  

"Yo Bitch ! how are you?" 

Shravya Aiyar , is the total opposite of me . She is confident , extrovert and stage lover. And you can absolutely say that opposites attract when you see me and Shravya in the same room. We both are like pole apart and yet if you ask me whose company I enjoy the best after my family , it would be Shravya.

" I was about to call you today at night."

"I hate the fact we are not in the same college yarr" she whined like a child and I wondered if my college life would have been better had she too been in my college.

"Its okay , we would get married in the same house " Her mood swings can really make one wonder what she ate for breakfast

"Yeah surely miss delulu".

Marriage and me don't fit in a single sentence together. Of course , my parents would not like this but I don't want to marry anyone. I just want to live in silence with my music and novels. In total peace and quite.