Casual

Y/n closed the door of her dorm, making sure not to wake anyone. There was only a soft click of the knob, as she breathed out in relief. Although she has done this many times, it still managed to make her nervous. On usual nights, no one will be out at this hour, but that's not the case today.

"Y/n?" a familiar female voice came from behind her.

She jumped in shock and turned to find Ginny, holding a half-eaten chocolate in one hand. "Gin!"

"Why are you still awake?" she asked.

"Could you ask me the same thing," Y/b retorted. "You're younger than me, you should get some sleep."

"I'm only younger by a year, Y/n," she rolled her eyes.

Y/n crossed my arms and raised a brow jokingly, "Are you talking back to a senior?"

"Yeah, and?" she said in the same manner.

Y/n chuckled, "Love the sass, Ginny. Seriously though, get some rest. Don't you have a game tomorrow?"

Ginny bit off some of the chocolate, "I will, Y/n. Don't worry. I'll go to my room after I finish this chocolate. Not in the mood to share today."

"Alright then," Y/n sent her a last smile before heading downstairs to the common room, then up the boys' staircase to Harry's dorm. Just as she arrived, the door unlocked, and Harry stepped out. Without exchanging any words, he pulled her back down the stairs. As soon as they were in the common room, he pushed Y/n up against the nearest wall.

"You didn't even check if anyone's around," Y/n said, surprised.

"It's too dark for them to see anyway," he quickly replied, his hands on her hips. "I had a really terrible session with Snape today."

"Of course you did," Y/n muttered, as he began to kiss down her neck. She was beginning to get sick of this whole thing with Harry, and she didn't know how much longer she could stand it.

"What do you mean by that?" Harry pulled away.

"You only ask for me when you need something," Y/n confronted him. "And lately that something has just been this." She gestured towards them.

"Hey, you were the one who suggested something casual," Harry retorted.

Y/n sighed. She did suggest it. And she regretted it now because she had accidentally fallen for this chosen boy. The more she got to know him, the less she had an idea of what is casual and what is not.

"If you don't want to do anything tonight then we can do something else," Harry suggested.

And there was her reason to stay. Harry was always so understanding. Always. Except when it comes to her true feelings.

"I just..." Y/n trailed off as she looked into her green eyes. Y/n has never been one to give into temptations. Never. Except when it comes to him.

And so she kissed him.

She gave in.

Just as she does every time.

✧༺♥༻✧

"Would you like to stay at the Burrow this Christmas?" Harry asked as he pushed himself up, off of her. His breath is still heavy.

"Are you sure the Weasleys would like me to bother them?" Y/n breathed out as she laid down on his sheets, all sweaty from yet another casual incident.

"They love you!" Harry quickly told her. "In fact, they were the one to suggest inviting you, considering how close they think we are."

"Right," Y/n mumbled.

Harry sat up and leaned on the headboard of his bed, "So? Would you like to come? We've only spent Christmas together once before. And we didn't really know each other then."

Y/n rolled her eyes playfully, "I'll have to think about it." She pushed herself up, covering her body with only the sheets.

Harry used his fingers to turn her head up to him gently, "I'd really like the idea of spending Christmas with you." He then leaned down to give her a kiss.

"I would have to ask my parents. I'm not sure they would be on board with the idea of spending Christmas with you, out of all people," Y/n said.

"You're acting like they are on board with what we're doing right now," Harry smirked as he kissed her again, this time letting his body hover above hers.

Y/n smiled, "I suppose they don't need to know."

"Exactly," he said breathily. "You know, we still got time for more."

✧༺♥༻✧

"He was so lost when I first met him," Mrs. Weasley chuckled at the memory of 11 year old Harry at the train station.

Harry smiled awkwardly as he sat beside Y/n, while Mrs. Weasley told her everything she did not need to know.

"So? How long have you been together? Longer than Lavender and Ron, I suppose?" Mrs. Weasley asked.

Y/n turned to Harry, expecting him to answer as she did not know what they were.

"We– we're not together. Y/n's just a really good friend," Harry said.

"And so is Harry to me," Y/n smiled.

"Ah," Mrs. Weasley looked between them. "I see. Shame it is then, you two would make a great couple."

And just in time, the kettle squeaked, prompting Mrs. Weasley to finally leave the two alone. "And that's my cue. Could you please show her to Charlie's room, Harry?"

✧༺♥༻✧

Harry opened the door to the room and placed Y/n's trunk on the ground. Y/n only admired the comfy interior around her. "I suppose Charlie is still in Romania?"

"Yeah," Harry nodded. "You should thank him for staying there or you would have to share a room with the others."

"I wouldn't mind that," Y/n shrugged.

"So?" Harry began as he walked back to lock the door.

"No," Y/n stepped back. "We're in someone's room!"

"Believe me that we wouldn't be the first to do it here," Harry told her as he snaked his hand up her back.

Y/n shook her head with a small smile, "Unbelievable."

✧༺♥༻✧

"Y/n?" Harry called as he went down to the almost empty living room.

"Harry, you're awake," Y/n turned to him.

"Yeah, I couldn't sleep with Ron snoring louder than usual," Harry said as he took a seat beside her.

Y/n rubbed her hands together to keep warm, which Harry noticed.

He then opened up his arms, gesturing for Y/n to just lean into his arms. And so she did. Harry' back was on one end of the couch, and Y/n's head on his chest as she laid on top of him. They stayed in the silence of just crackling fire for a long while.

"Harry."

"Hm?"

"Is this still casual?"

●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●

Hello (='▽'=)

It's been a while, just had a sudden idea to write based on Chappell Roan's "Casual", so here it is!

Love,

TricksChips