Chapter 3

Tuesday morning

Olivia woke up to her alarm, feeling glad it was the school holidays. She got out of bed, moving sluggishly to the bathroom to change her pad. She put a fresh one on and put on a black t-shirt, a pair of leggings and a pair of thick socks. She grabbed her favourite fluffy boots and slipped them on her feet and grabbed a snuggly Christmas jumper and her fluffy coat.

She grabbed a breakfast bar from the box in the kitchen and rushed out of the house. She walked down to the bus stop, seeing the bus she needed to catch pulling up. She opened her purse, ready to pay for her fare. The bus driver smiled at her, ready to take the money when she saw Amy running down the road. "Girl, you forgot the perfume." She grabbed Amy's hand and hauled her onto the bus. "You're coming with me." Amy smiled, grabbing her own purse out of her bag and taking out some coins to pay for both their fares.

As the bus pulled up in town she received a notification on her phone. A message from Tom. Hey, you nearly here? I've just paid for our tickets. She quickly responded saying Yeah, I'm just getting off the bus. I'll be there in a minute. How much do I owe you? She asked. Nothing. His response was almost immediate. It's my treat. I'm paying for everything today. She blushed and responded with a simple ok emoji.

Amy threw her arms around her best friend and saw her own girlfriend waiting for them at the bus stop. "Bye, girl. Cya later." Olivia sighed, mentally readying herself for an entire day with Tom. She made her way down to the ice rink, seeing him stood there in his snowman Christmas jumper. The one she'd made him for the secret Santa in their youth group. "You're wearing the jumper I made you?" She blushed. "Yeah, thank you, by the way. It's a really nice jumper. It must have taken you ages to make." She giggled, it had, she started making it the day they pulled the names out of the hat.

On the ice

Olivia twirled, watching Tom struggle to keep up with her on the ice. "Keep up." She called, skating backwards as she looked at him holding the rail and trying to move his feet in the right way. "Shut up, Olivia. Just because you know how to skate doesn't mean that you get to rub it in that I don't." Tom replied. She skated back to Tom, grabbing his hand and then immediately dropping it, embarrassed. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to do that." She stuttered. "No, Olivia, it's fine. Don't be embarrassed." He grasped her hand, leaning down and putting one hand on the back of her neck. He pulled her in close, gently pressing his lips to hers and letting go of her hand, moving his hand to her cheek. She reached up to wrap her arms around his neck, her fingers soft and gentle on his skin.