Chapter 6

Olivia's birthday

Tom and Olivia continued texting long into the night until finally the question arose about midnight communion on Christmas Eve. You going? Tom asked, knowing that if she was he would too. Yeah, my first time and my first communion. She smiled, her phone screen lighting up her room as she reached down to grab her charger. The clock struck midnight and he started typing a long winded message. Olivia, I know we've only been dating for a couple of hours but these past couple hours have made me so happy. I hope you have the best birthday ever. I love you so much ♥️. She replied with a simple Thx xxx. Little did she know, he had the biggest surprise for her tonight at the youth group Christmas party.

At the party.

Olivia had spent the entire afternoon getting everything ready. She then had a quick shower, did her hair and slipped on her black sequined party dress. She painted her nails and applied some light mascara and lip gloss.

She knew that they were gonna be the first two people there so she hoped that her dad would have something to do up in his office so they could have some alone time.

Her dress was suggestively tight and clung to her new figure. When he walked through the door she led him into the crèche and pressed a kiss to his lips. "Thank you," she said, pressing another kiss to his lips. "For this morning. Your message was really sweet." He wrapped his arms around her waist and picked her up. "It was no problem at all, my princess." Unfortunately, her father walked through the door to the crèche as she wrapped her legs around his waist. She jumped down, blushing. "What were you two doing?" Her father, Damien, asked. "Nothing." They replied together. He seemed unconvinced. "Olivia, may I have a word with you?" She nodded and followed him out of the room. Tom looked down embarrassed and scared that he'd gotten her into trouble.

Ten minutes later, Olivia came back in, her head down and Tom couldn't help but feel awful. "What happened?" He lifted Olivia's chin gently to see tears in her beautiful hazel eyes. "He grounded me. Said I shouldn't even be thinking about a boy like that at my age. I'm 14...that's not young. And once you start your period you've got hormones pumping through your blood making you feel that way." He wiped away a tear that was rolling down her cheek and kissed the tip of her nose. "Liv...you're gorgeous even when you're sad."

Everyone else started turning up then, bringing party food on large platters. But Olivia didn't eat. She just sat in the corner with her knees up to her chest. She could feel her father's eyes on her, as if he was daring her to go and sit next to Tom. And no matter how much she wanted to, she didn't. She didn't want to open herself up to an attack from her father.

So Tom got up and did it instead. He moved from the group and came to sit next to her. "So much for keeping it on the down low." She mumbled. "I know, but I couldn't resist. You look absolutely stunning in that dress. I just want to rip it off you and ravish you right here." She blinked and everyone turned to stare. "Pardon?" He looked embarrassed. "Did I say that out loud?" She blinked again. "Yes, yes you did." Tom blushed, standing up to go get his rucksack and pulling something out before coming back over to Olivia. "I got you something for your birthday." She smiled, taking it from him. She unwrapped it and found a large treat box with all her favourite sweets treats in. "Amy again." She chuckled. "Maybe. Maybe not." She smiled gently, opening the box and taking out a bar of aero peppermint. "Want a piece?" Tom opened his mouth and she placed a piece of chocolate inside. Tom wrapped his arm around her waist as she ate half the bar. "Did nothing over there take your fancy?" He asked, holding her.