Chapter 5

They found seats on the top deck, right at the back for more privacy. Most people were still at work so the bus was quiet and nearly empty apart from a few elderly people and some young children with their parents. Olivia sat by the window, resting her head on the glass. Tom wrapped his arm around her shoulder. "So, what's up?" She looked out the window at the passing traffic. "It's nothing much. Just...I'm on my period. I know that probably grosses you out but...it's just a fact of life." He looked down at her, then unzipped his rucksack. "I figured something was wrong when Amy threw the bottle of lucozade and the paracetamol at you on Sunday." She giggled, smiling weakly. "You saw that?" He nodded and pulled out a bar of chocolate. "This is...my favourite. How did you know?" He gestured at Amy, and she smiled. "And just so you know, Liv, nothing about you could ever gross me out. I love you. Did you know that I'm one of the only boys in my class who didn't pass out when we were learning about periods in sex ed?" She smiled again. "Really? Everyone else passed out?" She questioned. "Yeah, pretty much. But I just thought it was adorable." She looked at him quizzically. "What do you mean 'adorable'?" He smiled. "I mean that the thought of a girl that I was going out with being clingy because she wanted cuddles sounds kinda adorable." She snuggled into his chest, proving his point. "You think this is adorable?" He nodded, stroking her shoulder. "I think you're so adorable. My perfect girl..." She blushed profusely. "I'm not perfect." He shook his head, gently lifting her head. "You are to me. And I love you."

As they got off the bus

"How are you getting home?" She asked. He gestured to his mother's car waiting in the car park. His mom was watching them so they couldn't kiss but she blew him a kiss as he walked away. Amy and Alice were already walking off back to Amy's so Olivia just decided to go home. She walked all the way through their small village, waving at people she knew and being stopped by three others. She walked through her door absolutely glowing with happiness. "I'm home." She called out as she started walking up the stairs to her bedroom. She sat on her bed and opened her chat with Tom. Hey. She typed, her heart quickening as she saw his Bitmoji appear. Hey, sweetheart. Did you enjoy today? She smiled, Yeah, I did. Thank you so much. She quickly changed his name in her phone and took a screenshot. What's my name in your phone? She asked. My super sexy, extremely erotic, drop dead gorgeous love of my life. What's mine? Her jaw dropped and she sent him the screenshot. My insanely handsome amazing man.