Chapter 10

Olivia smiled at her mother's comment. "Yeah, well, I wish he'd be more supportive of me and Tom. And there was something I wanted to talk to you about." Her mother looked up from her coffee. "What is it, love?" Olivia took a deep breath. "Alice has invited me and Amy over for a sleepover in two weeks time. Please can I go?" Alice smiled. "I'll see what I can arrange. Just promise there'll be no boys." Olivia smiled too. "I promise." She smiled gently, knowing she was lying but also not caring at the same time.

She spent the rest of the day figuring out how to make sure that her parents wouldn't know that Tom was also going to be there. Hey, my love. She didn't expect a reply, it was only just gone seven in the morning and she hadn't let him go to sleep until half past 5. But, strangely, he was still online. Hey, baby doll. What can I do for my gorgeous girl today? She blushed. Just wondering if you could perhaps come a little after I've been dropped off. Mom said that there could be no boys. And if you are already there I'll just say that you're only staying for the day. She could tell that he was going over the logistics as he didn't respond for ten minutes. Sure, I can do that, baby. She smiled and sent him a couple heart emojis, knowing that hearts were gonna be on her recents a lot more now.

Her father came back at gone 6 in the evening and it wasn't even a Sunday. Olivia made dinner for the family, only simple Spaghetti Bolognese with some cheesy garlic bread.

The family dinner continued in near silence, apart from the hushed whispers of her parents. "Where did you go today, dad?" She asked, breaking the silence. "I was just dropping off Christmas cards to everyone in town. We've got to try and get out there more." He looked her up and down. "Where did you get that hoodie from, Olivia." She looked down. "Tom lent it to me." Her father just smiled. "I really don't know what came over me the other day. And you're ungrounded." She looked up from her bowl. "Really?" She smiled brightly. "So I already asked mom and she said she'd ask you because she doesn't make decisions on her own. But Alice has invited me over for a sleepover in two weeks time and I was wondering if I could go." He nodded, thinking. "Same rules as normal, no alcohol. No boys actually staying over. But yes, you can go."

After dinner she loaded the dishwasher and went upstairs. She opened the group chat on her phone. Hey. She was always the one to start a conversation. Hey, how ya doing? That was Alice. Good news, I can come to the sleepover. Alice replied almost immediately. Perfect, girl. Tom soon joined the conversation. So, you're coming? She smiled. Yep. Amy threw in a couple of party hat emojis being the crazy little thing she is.

Two weeks later - the day before the party

Olivia and her mom went shopping the day before the sleepover to buy some new school equipment and so Olivia could buy a new pair of pajamas. The pair she had no longer fit her.

The day of the sleepover

Olivia woke up early the next morning, grabbing both of Tom's hoodies and shoving them in the bag she packed the night before. They still smelt like him and she was pleased. They
must have been hoodies he wore a lot. She smiled and finished making his card. They'd been together for two weeks today.

She arrived to find Amy just arriving. She got out of the car, picked up her bags and she could tell that Tom was already there. She saw that the curtains were closed and put two and two together. Alice knew that Tom couldn't be seen by Olivia's parents otherwise her father would flip.