Chapter 7

"Did nothing over there take your fancy?" He asked, holding her. "Not really. I'm just not very hungry today." He raised an eyebrow. "You're not very hungry but you'll quite happily eat half a bar of chocolate?" She couldn't tell him he was wrong. She'd just eaten it in front of him.

"Fine, I'm just...embarrassed. My dad caught us when we were about to start making out. And now he's watching every move we make in case we dare to even look at eachother lovingly. He's probably gonna start taking my phone away at night now. You literally had your hands under my butt..." She trailed off, feeling her dad's eyes burning into her skin. She knew he liked Tom and he was just being over protective but he didn't need to watch her every move.

A single tear rolled down her cheek and she rested her head on his lap, hugging her belly. "Oh, baby. Are you in pain? Is that why you didn't eat anything?" He signalled to Amy to throw him the lucozade and paracetamol. He'd seen her when she was on her period before and as far as he could tell it was never this bad. Maybe it was because she was embarrassed and now that they were together she felt more comfortable to show that she was in pain. He caught the stuff Amy threw at him and gently lifted her head, opening her mouth and popping a paracetamol inside before cracking open the cap on the lucozade and handing it to her. She drank it and swallowed the tablet before drinking some more to get rid of the awful taste in her mouth. He kissed her forehead and glared at her father when he glared at him.

Olivia sobbed, the pain only easing slightly. She couldn't help but hate how it felt, her cramps had never been this bad in her life. Maybe her body knew that she would have someone to comfort her so it decided to make her pain the worst she'd ever had. "I feel sick." She mumbled, curling into him further. He rubbed her back, wondering if it would help soothe the pain. "How sick?" He asked, his touch gentle. "I think I'm gonna throw up." She looked up at him, her skin pale, damp and cold, her face streaked with hot tears. He helped her up, leading her to the disabled bathroom so he could go in with her.

He tied her hair up into a ponytail, holding it back as she gagged. She started coughing and threw up in the toilet bowl. He rubbed her back gently and pecked her cheek. "Oh, Liv..." Once he was sure she'd finished throwing up, he flushed the toilet and wiped her mouth with a paper towel. He pulled her close to him, her body going limp in his arms. He looked down at her, her face was still pale and her mascara was running down her cheeks. He brushed her teeth and then they sat together on the bathroom floor until she came round. "What happened?" She asked, her voice hoarse. "You fainted, my love." He replied gently. She cuddled his bicep. "What happened before that?" She asked. "You threw up. You were in so much pain." He stroked her cheek, seeing the evident pain in her eyes. "Is it still bad?" He asked. "Not too bad." Her eyes glistened with new tears and he leaned down to kiss her, his lips nearly touching hers when her father walked in. "Tom, out." Tom was powerless to refuse and as much as he wanted to stay with her, he didn't dare disobey her father. He got up to leave, holding on to her hand for as long as he could. When he had to eventually drop her hand, he left the room. He faked his footsteps moving away and stayed close to the door. He heard her whispered apology and he heard her father get up to leave. He rushed back into the hall and stood at the door. Damien came in first, and Olivia followed a few moments later. His eyes traveled down her glorious body and he took in every curve as he walked past her. Olivia didn't talk to him for the rest of the evening but he could see her eyes longing for cuddles. He understood why her father was overprotective but Tom had known her for months now and he wasn't going to hurt her. He didn't know what her father thought he would do but it most certainly wasn't true.

Later that evening

Hey, I'm sorry I didn't speak to you after my dad walked in. He told me he'd ground me for another month if I did. She sent the message, her heart pounding. Why did he ground you in the first place? He awaited her response with bated breath. I don't know. He just...I don't understand him and I don't know why he's so overprotective. He sighed, sending her a voice note saying, no matter what he does, I'll never let you go.