Chapter 8

She opened his voice note and smiled. She knew he was serious. She sent him a couple of love hearts back and closed her eyes, trying to sleep through the pain.

At around midnight, she gave up and got her phone. I can't do it. I'm in so much pain. I'm crying. My back hurts. I feel dizzy. I want cuddles... She knew he wouldn't be awake but she still sent the message. She loved how deep their relationship was even when they had only been dating a few days. She paced around her bedroom, sobbing and trying to block out the pain.

Strangely, when she looked out the window, a car was pulling up in her driveway and she saw Tom getting out. He was carrying a couple hoodies and he texted her saying I saw your message. Do you have some wool in your room? She gave him a thumbs up and opened her window. She tossed the wool out and he attached it to the handle of a basket he was carrying. He placed the hoodies on top of the other things in the basket and she hoisted it up. She blew him a kiss as he turned to leave and he caught it, sending one back.

She placed the basket on her bed, turning her bedside lamp on and seeing what was inside. She removed the hoodies, the ones he'd worn yesterday and the day before and laid them on her pillow. She found three large bars of her favourite chocolate and a flask of hot chocolate. She smiled, he was so considerate.

She slipped on one of his hoodies over her pajamas and finally closed her eyes. She kept waking up in the middle of the night to drink the hot chocolate and she was glad it was in a thermos flask otherwise it would be cold. She took a photo of herself and sent it to him. She was surprised to see him awake. Hey, did I wake you up earlier? She knew she probably did but was scared to see his response. Nah, I was still up. Couldn't sleep without thinking about you. I think I've figured out why your dad's so annoyed about us. She was shocked. Why do you think that? She sat and waited for his response. You're his only daughter. He doesn't wanna lose you. She smiled That's probably why.

The next day

Hey, baby. You feeling any better? She woke up to his text and sighed. She wasn't but she didn't want to worry him. Yeah, I'm fine. She waited for him to respond and he did, very quickly. Good. I was wondering if you wanted to go into town today, you could use the excuse of hanging out with Amy. After all, we're meant to be going on a double date with her and Alice. She stood up, her phone still in her hand and moved over to her armchair. Sure, we did promise.

In town

She met up with Amy, Tom and Alice and they went to the park. Amy and Alice slunk off to a restaurant whilst Olivia was sleeping on Tom's shoulder. She snored softly, and her heartbeat was steady.