Honeymoon "Luna de Miel"

Luna De Miel (After the Gloria Lasso Concert in Madrid).

Marta awoke with the urge to hum Gloria Lasso's tune which was playing in her mind while she made love to Fina last night. She looked over at Fina, still amazed at how soundly Fina slept through anything. Don Ramón, the lawyer who she was set to meet, had left a message with the front desk that he was running late. She had taken the opportunity to order room service to surprise Fina with breakfast in bed. Convinced that Fina wasn't going to wake anytime soon, Marta slipped into the shower. When she felt the hot water on her back she moaned. Her muscles were sore in the most wonderful way. She massaged her neck and ran a hand through her hair, as the images of the night before played in her mind. Even though she played coy, the moment she saw Fina in that maroon dress, she'd lost her resolve. It was rare that she got to see Fina dressed in something other than her uniform, and oh, was she a sight.  She had wanted to skip the concert and take Fina straight to bed. She smiled at her impatience, because she was no longer embarrassed by her desire, or by the sheer happiness that Fina injected into her life. She started to hum the song again losing herself in the memories and the moments of the night before.

She remembered how as soon as they crossed the threshold into their hotel room, Fina had kissed her. Just as urgently, she had circled Fina's waist, and they had danced to the imaginary music.

"Nunca sabré qué misterio nos trae esta noche, nunca sabré cómo vino esta luna de miel. La luna brilla en tus ojos y con mi desvelo besa en tu suelo, reza en tu cielo, late en tu sien,"

They relished dancing together in the privacy of their room- something she was itching to do at the concert. Her fingers had found Fina's briefly, but she was also aware of eyes on them. She saw how men reacted to Fina, holding doors for her, giving her coquettish looks, but Fina was so unaware of her beauty. Marta did not consider herself a jealous person, but her instinct was to place her hand possessively at the small of Fina's back, and proclaim her, hers. Alas, they both had to restrain themselves, until they were totally alone. Once in the seclusion of their room, Marta had held Fina close, chest to chest, hip to hip. In a move Fina wasn't expecting, she had turned her, hugging her from behind. She had bent down to kiss Fina's neck, while they danced, smelling her perfume and the scent of fresh cotton. Marta had never known dancing to be so erotic. It had always been something she had to do, as a matter of propriety at social events. Now, she understood dancing to be an expression of desire, and chemistry with your beloved. Fina's hips had moved of their own accord, taking Marta with her. Fina was humming the music, until she'd gone silent when Marta kissed her neck and then her ear. Fina had turned slowly in her embrace, and casually looped her arms around Marta's neck. They had moved side to side, looking into each other's eyes.

                   "I'm glad we came straight back to the hotel," Marta admitted.

With a gleam in her eye, Fina replied smugly.

"So you agree. I'm not the only one who can't stand to be in public with you and not be able to touch you." Fina had meant to keep her voice light, but it had trembled a bit.

"You're not the only one. I insisted on dinner because I love to pamper you. My woman deserves to be treated."

Fina smiled widely, and uttered almost to herself: "Tu mujer," as if trying out how it sounded on her lips.

"And, well, I figured the least I could do was wine and dine you before bringing you to bed," Marta teased.

                  Fina threw her head back as she laughed. "Well, that's certainly very honorable of you, Doña Marta," Fina said, in that naughty tone she used only for Marta. "And here I thought I was the one putting the moves on you. You know, the concert tickets were not only to apologize for my jealousy, no, no señora."