Chapter 2: awakening of the Furious Five

It's been a year after Tai Lung's imprisonment. Shifu has been gone on a trip for a few weeks. I was by the Dragon Scroll calming my mind, while i was making a beaded necklace. It was almost done, but it was still missing something. Like a personal touch.

Shifu had sent a scroll to Oogway saying he found a new student. As the person who will be guiding them i wanted to make a necklace as a welcoming gift. And to show them that i'm always approachable.
Then something came to mind, i plucked one of my tail-feathers and added it in the middle one the necklace.

"Daiyu" i hear someone say behind me. I turned to see Shifu walking towards me. I stood up and turned towards him.

"Greetings Master Shifu" i said as i walked a little closer to him "Can i help you with something" i asked as i noticed a strange look in his eyes.

"Yes" Shifu said "Do you mind showing the new student around while i talk with Master Oogway" He asked before realizing something "Where is Oogway actually" He asked as he noticed that Oogway wasn't here.

"Oh, i would love to show them around" i said in excitement as my tail feathers went up "and Oogway is medatating by the peach tree" i answered his question as i walked to the door and lower my feathers.

I walked outside to see a small tigress looking a little nervous. I walked towards her making sure to look kind and gentle since she's scared. The young tiger finally noticed me. She looked nervous, but ready for a conversation.

"Greetings my dear child" i said as i opened my wings in a friendly way "Welcome to the Jade Palace" i said as i stopped infront of her "come follow me, i will show you around" i finished speaking as i reached out my wing.

She took it and i started the tour. We went slowly, so i could show her everything. After 2 hours we were at our last stop, Tigress's new room. She looked around in aw when i remembered the necklace.

"Little one" i said calmly making her look at me "I have a little welcoming gift" i continued as i grabbed the necklace from my robe.

I placed the necklace around her neck "it's beautifull, thank you" Tigress said as she hugged me.

"No problem. Please remember that i'm always nearby if you need advice or help" i respawned as i hugged her back "Now you beter sleep 'cause your training starts early tomorrow" i continued as we parted. Tigress nodded and i left. I only had to hope Shifu would go easy on her.

*The Next Day*

I was medatating by the peach tree when i felt a chi energie closing quickly towards me. It felt instress and it felt weaker than a adult. So it was most definitely a child, from the energy it's a girl. Tigress.

"Hey little one" i said to Tigress when she was nearby "What's wrong child" i asked as she sat next to me clearly very sad. I put a wing around her as she learned on me.

"Was Master Shifu always this cold" she asked me. That gave me the hit i needed that Shifu didn't go easy on the poor child.

"No, he wasn't" i said calmly "I can tell you what happened, but don't mention it to Shifu. He's still very upset about it" I continued as i looked at her. Tigress nodded and i told her what happened a year ago with Tai Lung.

"Oh wow" Tigress said a minute after i finished the story "that explains so much" she said sadly as she looked at the ground while still laying on my shoulder.

"I know" i said sadly "i grew up with him. I still am surprised he chose that path" i said sadly. There was a minute of silence, but then i remembered something "i just realized i never told you my name" i said breaking the silence and she looked at me.