fan forum

Monaco - Saturday

"No, go, squeezed yourself through." one of his friends shouted as Max was in front of the their little group.

It was extremely crowded but it was no surprise as there were quite a few formula one fans in town this weekend and they hadn't been the only ones waiting at the gate for hours just to be in front.

It wasn't even Max's idea, no, one of his friends suggested it and to be fair, when do you ever get the chance to see such superstars that close. Never, right, therefore it was worth it and Monaco was only once a lifetime so they had to take their chance.

This trip had been planned over a year now, starting from Steve, on of Max's closest friends, who was a huge formula one fan. All of them were, but Steve was just on another level, traveling to quite a few races a year.

The others, Max included, weren't that rich and therefore couldn't afford such a trip. It had been Steve's present to them after they all had been there for him after his wife sadly passed away two years ago.

So all Max, Lukas and Taylor had to do was scratching their money together for a flight to Nice and three nights at a nearby hotel. They weren't poor, but Monaco was just the cream de la cream of luxury and glamour.

But what if not Monaco, it was the formula one race of the season, so much tradition and so less space so you were really close to everything, the drivers included. Max was also pretty interested in this sport, really being stunned by the strategies and the whole speed.

Taylor on the other hand, who by the way had history with Max as they had been dating for a few months back in high school before he discovered that he was gay, was more stunned by the drivers itself, as most girls were.

Especially Lando Norris was the hero from most girls and also the young Belgium woman. But still, there was no way around Charles Leclerc, the home town hero from Monaco by the way. Every girl loved him, good looking, charming and currently the best in his sport.

Also Max had to admit that the Monegasque was doing a great job, especially this season, but the other factors outside of formula one, that most of the girls looked at, didn't really bother Max.

Leclerc was straight and had a girl on his arm every so Max wasn't really paying attention to him.

"Yeah, I'm so excited!" Taylor beamed next to max as they had finally managed it to the front of the crowd, right to the barrier.

"For Yuki?" Lukas laughed and gestured on her shirt, which caused they others to laugh.

Before their trip they had made a funny challenge, each of them had the honor to design a shirt for someone from their group. It had to feature a current driver and the design was combined by the name of the driver and some pictures of him.

"Oh shut up." Taylor laughed in return while Max looked down on his own shirt again.

While the Dutch had picked Hamilton for Steve, his friend went with Albon for Lukas, so Taylor had Max and her choice really caused him a little crises. No other then Charles Leclerc was pictured five times on his shirt.

It wasn't that Max didn't like the driver, he did, his driving was great, but with this shirt he probably looked like the biggest girly fan, shouting out for a wink or little wave. He was simply embarrassed and now standing in the front row, where the Monegasque could easily see it was not making it any better.

But in the end was he just a fan like any other and Leclerc surely wouldn't care about it, like all those so called stars did. Also Max wasn't really interest, never really using social media even the kids in his class had it already.